Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Does pacquiao's Skill Set Rank Among ALL TIME GREATS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Pacquiao had the skills of an ATG combined with his offensive power and mindset, he would be ranked towards the top of the ATGs, however his skills although developed recently are not on par with the ATGs, nevertheless he has given us some exciting fights to watch over the years

Comment

Originally posted by tadpole25 View Post
      he's a very good fighter, but he's in an era where all of the skilled athletes have moved onto UFC and NFL.

he probably would have been a tier 3 fighter in the 60's and 70's.
      there are no flyweights, featherweights, in any pro mens football league.

Comment

Pacquiao was a very awkward fighter, many people simply couldnt deal with him. keep in mind Marquez had 4 fights to finally figure Pacquiao out. In the first fight he almost went down like the rest.

Pacquiao combined a very awkward and fast rythm with incredible foot speed and accuracy, the pace he would set was often too much for most boxers.

I would have been curious how a Mayweather fight would have gone, i'm one of the few that is undecided on the outcome (maybe not now) because Marquez needed 4 fights to truly adjust to Pacquiao and get a foothold.

Mayweather is defensive first and if Pacquiao came at him aggressive he might get caught off guard by his speed.

Comment

Originally posted by tadpole25 View Post
          he's a very good fighter, but he's in an era where all of the skilled athletes have moved onto UFC and NFL.

he probably would have been a tier 3 fighter in the 60's and 70's.
          lmao you think the UFC has good athletes? they all get tired from their blown up muscle bound WWE frames, and non of them possess speed. Even Silva isn't fast, just in the UFC he is. In boxing he got ****ed up.

Comment

Theres is where fans get goofy to me..........................check his bank account and tell me he's not ATG!!!!!! He's come out of poverty and hopelessness to become a Champion in an individual sport and has dominated weight classes and is also the Champion of people and a Nation!!
            Who the hell in boxing has done that????? This kids been great for the sport and hopefully continues to be a Champion of people! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Pacquiao was a very awkward fighter, many people simply couldnt deal with him. keep in mind Marquez had 4 fights to finally figure Pacquiao out. In the first fight he almost went down like the rest.

Pacquiao combined a very awkward and fast rythm with incredible foot speed and accuracy, the pace he would set was often too much for most boxers.

I would have been curious how a Mayweather fight would have gone, i'm one of the few that is undecided on the outcome (maybe not now) because Marquez needed 4 fights to truly adjust to Pacquiao and get a foothold.

Mayweather is defensive first and if Pacquiao came at him aggressive he might get caught off guard by his speed.
              So many times I've seen Pacquiao opponents with a shocked look on their face. They just didn't think he'd be THAT fast with so much behind the punch. They heard about it and prepared for it, but dealing with his speed was something you couldn't train for. You can't find a sparring partner who can duplicate it. The first Marquez fight is a classic example. Of course these days have passed now and Manny isn't what he was 5-10 years ago.

Comment

Not sure how you define skills but Pacquiao has

Elite ATG hand speed
                Elite ATG stamina
                ATG chin
                to go along with probable the best head movement since Tyson

Comment

Speed and power were his best skills. Until being KO'd, it got him where is.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    Not sure how you define skills but Pacquiao has

Elite ATG hand speed
                    Elite ATG stamina
                    ATG chin
                    to go along with probable the best head movement since Tyson
                    WHAT!?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      WHAT!?
                      Have you never seen Pacquiao fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X