No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa on Broner: Never Faced a Quality Foe Like Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    The win over Ponce De Leon was questionable. This has nothing to do with bias, I scored the fight a draw when I watched it the first time and I didn't know much about Broner back then.
    Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    I scored it clearly for Broner.
    That fight was close. I gave it to Broner, but just barely. I wouldn't give it to Ponce, but I can see how someone would score it a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Mouth watering match up, I hate to sound like Arum, but this could be a huge superfight if it marinates a tad more.
      Na, make it now[2013]. You risk one of them losing so badly or turning in a bunch of bad performances that the fight loses it's interest entirely.

I mean who the hell cares about Gamboa-Lopez now? That fight used to be listed by almost every poster as a top 3 match up. Dumb ass Bob Arum couldn't capitalize on the hype, wanted to let it "marinate" and instead overcooked it, burnt it and it had to be thrown away in the garbage. Left it's burnt smell all over the kitchen. It could have been a highlight reel TKO for Gamboa. It could still be, but Salido already done it twice.

Make Gamboa-Broner NOW. Enough with the "marinating" and building up.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
        Well yea, but he has obviously improved since that fight.
        No argument there. Broner has looked superb in his last couple outings.

Ponce had Broners number, lmmfao! Look, question anything you want about Broner De Leon, but that won't change anything. You can also talk about what Broner can't do until you're blue in the face. Gamboa has more flaws than Broner. Doesn't mean Gamboa can't win. But if you're going to acknowledge what you think Broner has trouble with, do the same for your boy.
        Didn't say anything about things Broner can or can't do, just said I think he lost the Ponce fight. I'm not alone with that sentiment either. A lot of folks thought Ponce won that fight. I like Hairbrush though. He's entertaining. I don't think he is the next Mayweather, but I definitely will tune in when he fights. Also, loved his ring walk dance against DeMarco. **** just made me feel good.

Comment

Ponce had Broners number, lmmfao! Look, question anything you want about Broner De Leon, but that won't change anything. You can also talk about what Broner can't do until you're blue in the face. Gamboa has more flaws than Broner. Doesn't mean Gamboa can't win. But if you're going to acknowledge what you think Broner has trouble with, do the same for your boy.
          And yes, Gamboa has shown his chin can be tested. No argument there.

Both guys have physical gifts. It is a great matchup. I hope it eventually gets made.

Comment

Hell yeah, this is a fight I want to see. Hopefully 50 doesn't follow in Arums footsteps and they can make this fight happen in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
              Interesting fight everyone would love to see but I can't see it happening anytime soon..
              If it's not soon then it's never. Gamboa's time is ticking and fast.

Comment

Great match up but I'm leaning towards Gamboa.

Comment

so both fighters are on board for this fight great news. Its seems as though gamboa is serious about actually facing broner but i feel borner challenge is all talk and hes not really interested in facing gamboa. But hopefully this fight can happen. Lets just hope that gamboa and 50 arent tied to TR

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    I really dont get this Pacquiao comparison when people talk about Yuri.

He's fast and he hits hard, that where the comparison ends. Gamboa is much more of a technical fighter than Pac, likes to have the backfoot at times, counters...they are nothing alike.
                    I agree, I don't know where some get that comparison. Gamboa is a much better boxer/pucher than Pac could ever be. Gamboa is ring savy, and sets alot of his shots up.

Comment

Gamboa is too small and too inactive right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X