Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Roy Jones Jr Retired after the Ruiz Fight, would he be considered top 10, top 5?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Roy Jones Jr Retired after the Ruiz Fight, would he be considered top 10, top 5?

Or even Higher in most peoples minds? where would u rate him had he hung it up specifically after that Fight?

Roy Jones career after that fight really has no impact on my opinion of his ranking. What keeps him out of the top 5 - 10 was the quality of his opposition way before the Ruiz fight even took place.

But he's arguably one of the greatest talents the sport as ever seen.

Comment

No. He could never have been Top 10 all-time in my opinion, his era wasn't strong enough to get that high. He still would have been Top 50 though, and I have him Top 40-50 right now.

Comment

You dont get bumped down for losing. You can only get bumped up for winning

Its just the wins that count, otherwise holyfield is like the #57 HW

Comment

Haven't followed the sport thoroughly enough to know where to rate him, but I can tell you I don't think any less of him now. Never understood the whole "he's diminishing his legacy" couldn't disagree more with that.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
            Or even Higher in most peoples minds? where would u rate him had he hung it up specifically after that Fight?
            probabaly. He certainty wouldn't lose any fantasy fights to tarver by knockout. Anyone who argued that would be stoned off the board

Comment

no, but had it been lennox he fought and beat instead, as he had been rumored, yeah.

Comment

The overrating would be worse, but he would be correctly ranked in any serious discussions, like he is now.

Going back down and beating Tarver was extremely important to his legacy, and makes a greater case for a higher ranking than if he had retired after Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  Haven't followed the sport thoroughly enough to know where to rate him, but I can tell you I don't think any less of him now. Never understood the whole "he's diminishing his legacy" couldn't disagree more with that.
                  I personally think it's impossible to diminish your legacy. If Roy Jones had lost seven straight one round KOs to bums on the street, it wouldn't change what he had already done.

Comment

he had one of the best wins of his career over the number 1 light heavyweight after ruiz. do people forget that fight happened? did it happen? where am i?

Comment

Working...
                    X