Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing will live on forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Enlighten me if i'm wrong. But The UFC is like one big promotional company, who also refuses to do business with other companies that were around like StrikeForce, etc. Dana White would only do business with a fighter from another MMA company, if that fighter joins the UFC.

I am asking, not saying this. I don't know, because I don't follow the business of MMA. But this is the impression I got when I briefly was into MMA.

If it like this, then this is no better than Bob Arum only doing business with a fighter who joins Top Rank, and isolating all other promotional companies from big events.

Also, for such a brutal sport, the fighter salaries are disgusting.

Overall Top Ten Earning Fighters in 2012
      (data updated to UFC 150)

1 Rashad Evans* $ 710,000
      2 Jon Jones $ 400,000
      3 Forrest Griffin $ 350,000
      4 Tito Ortiz $ 325,000
      5 Jake Shields* $ 300,000
      6 Vitor Belfort* $ 279,000
      6 Anderson Silva $ 275,000
      8 Michael Bisping $ 275,000
      9 Fabricio Werdum* $ 265,000
      10 Wanderlei Silva* $ 265,000

=3,444,000

Miguel Cotto's 2012 earnings: $15 Million dollars. Miguel Cotto, the 3rd most popular boxer in the US, this year made 4x and a half more than UFC's top 10 2012 earners, COMBINED.

Top career earners in the UFC, from UFC 46[2004]-Present.

1 Chuck Liddell* $4,320,000
      2 Tito Ortiz* $4,075,000
      3 Quinton Jackson* $3,240,000
      4 Georges St-Pierre * $3,102,000
      5 Randy Couture* $3,045,000
      6 Brock Lesnar $2,825,000
      7 Michael Bisping* $2,710,000
      8 Rashad Evans* $2,697,000
      9 Anderson Silva * $2,671,000
      10 B.J. Penn * $2,650,000

31,335,000 million combined.

In 2012, against Miguel Cotto, Floyd Mayweather Jr earned $40million dollars. $9million more than the total amount that the top 10 earners of UFC combined, have earned in a span of 8 years.

Dating back from 2009, Miguel Cotto has made $40 million dollars to date. Almost $10 million more than the top 10 UFC earners combined have earned, dating back from 2004. Miguel Cotto is only the 3rd top earner in the US.
      it's not ufc's salaries that are disgusting, it's boxing's.

Comment

The only thing dead here is the career of one of UFC all-Time greats Brock Lesnar!

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
          UFC buisness model is trash. and will die like the WWF did. Basically that what they are following.
          Actually, at times, boxing reminds me more of the WWE than anything else. One good example would be Jameel McCline's dive today......... Or we could go back to the Rios-Abril confrontation and how Abril was conveniently there.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
            Mainstream, I don't know anyone among my casual fan mates who can name 5 top fighters.

The game is dead, only a handfull can draw attention to the sport now; Mayweather, Pac, the Klits, and Haye (Klits and Haye are a package deal, worthless without eachother).

Don't get me wrong, I know there is entertainment and talent in boxing, hell I even follow the career of Moisés Fuentes, but the promotion and exposure is now almost zero worldwide.

In boxing now, you're either a superstar, or a non entity, its a shame.

Until all boxing falls under one umbrella the same way the UFC controls mixed martial arts it has no chance.

There is no excuse for shit like "tune up fights", the whole idea of that is preposterous (use a dictionary for that one Yanks). How can anyone justify a "tune-up"? The best should fight the best everytime.

The way to save boxing is to have some cunt with a load of dough create an organisation, all fighters under contract, and you either fight the best, or fuck off.

In other words, to save the sport I love, copy the UFC business model, or die a slow lingering death.
            I'm watching Ward vs Dawson tonight.....what are you doing????
            Seems alive to me.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              it's not ufc's salaries that are disgusting, it's boxing's.
              while the very top figures can be outrageous at times, the bulk of the money should be going to the guys who are risking their lives. UFC makes tons of money and sure they "invest" back into the sport but there is plenty of money from the PPVs and sponsors where they could pay these guys a lot more.

Comment

Working...
              X