Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Shape Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marciano in my opinion. Tyson in his prime was in great shape but still not enough compared to Rocky.

Comment

why rocky? he looks like frazier, little soft around his legs and stomach. they trained hard but nothing compare to tysons prime,ali-1 and holyfield.

Comment

I think Marciano ran 6 miles in the morning every day.

Comment

Why the **** isn't Holyfield on that list? Holyfeild trained his ass off for every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kapersky
            why rocky? he looks like frazier, little soft around his legs and stomach. they trained hard but nothing compare to tysons prime,ali-1 and holyfield.
            You can't judge how fit someone is purely based on asethetics. Just because Rock or Frazier doesn't look fit doesn't mean there not. Most of the old timers don't looked ripped because they don't weight train (which can hinder endurance) or take supplements like protein powders. Rocky could through 100 hard shots a round and keep it up for 15 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Linx
              You can't judge how fit someone is purely based on asethetics. Just because Rock or Frazier doesn't look fit doesn't mean there not. Most of the old timers don't looked ripped because they don't weight train (which can hinder endurance) or take supplements like protein powders. Rocky could through 100 hard shots a round and keep it up for 15 rounds.
              ok, your right. they didnt train like today with proteon powders etc..

Comment

Holyfield is a good one - always in tip top shape for his fights

Not Ali - he slacked off every once in awhile

Comment

yeah Ali looked fat in his last 10 fights and sometimes in his prime he would only train for 2 weeks before a fight.

Comment

The best conditioning of any fighter I've ever seen is Salvador Sanchez. He was so primed by fight time that in the one minute's rest between rounds, his breathing and heart rate returned to normal. So in effect, it was kind of like his body thought it was just round one starting over and over again. If you doubt this, go watch a tape of his fight with Azumah Nelson. Between rounds 14 and 15 of a brutally paced fight, they showed Nelson understandably gasping for air in his corner. Then they panned over to Sanchez, who was just sitting there, breathing calmly through his nose, looking almost bored, literally as if he was waiting for the opening bell to sound. Still amazes me.

Comment

Originally posted by salsanchezfan
                      The best conditioning of any fighter I've ever seen is Salvador Sanchez. He was so primed by fight time that in the one minute's rest between rounds, his breathing and heart rate returned to normal. So in effect, it was kind of like his body thought it was just round one starting over and over again. If you doubt this, go watch a tape of his fight with Azumah Nelson. Between rounds 14 and 15 of a brutally paced fight, they showed Nelson understandably gasping for air in his corner. Then they panned over to Sanchez, who was just sitting there, breathing calmly through his nose, looking almost bored, literally as if he was waiting for the opening bell to sound. Still amazes me.

I absolutely agree. I have never seen someone with sal's stamina. No matter how long & tough a fight....he was looking & fighting in the 13-15th rds....jut like he was the 1-3rd.
                      I'm sure he trained intensely, but I also felt he had genetic gifts.

Comment

Working...
                      X