Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be interested to see Wlad - Haye II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Whilst researching Haye Chisora I watched the Wlad fight a number of times. Forget the toe injury, that wasn't the problem. Wladimir is a terrible match for Haye, specifically due to the way he throws his jab. When Wlad jabbed in their fight Haye would often look for his signature looping right hand over the top. But "the top" is high and awkward with Wladimir and with his jab out there was too much distance between the men for Haye to close down, the result being David's overhand just getting caught up in a bunch of arms instead of getting anywhere near the target. It's not Haye's fault, I actually think P4P he's the better boxer of the two, and I strongly believe Haye has enough power to hurt anyone at HW, but Wladimir is just too long and awkward for him.

I'd have to look at more tape but from memory I'd much prefer the Vitali fight. If Chisora managed to trade with him then there's a good chance Haye does the same... It all comes down to Vitali's boxing skills. If Haye fights the same VK that Chisora fought then I think Haye wins but I suspect they'd try to stay on the outside, in which case Haye's best chance comes from insulting his ego and getting Vitali to look for the knockout, ie take more risks.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
      Haye didn't mount an offense in the first fight, even though he could of. Haye was backpedaling despite being tall enough to counter. Haye is 6'3, he has good size, good speed, good power, so size is not a problem. It's his skill level, I think Haye is skilled enough to beat Wladimir but can he put things together?
      I think the one thing haye actually lacks is skill. hes not very defensively cute and hes not a very good counter puncher. not that he needs to be when he can just blast out the majority of guys he faces. the sheer power of his offence means that he hasn't really concentrated on defence and when he does defend its primarily by using his reflexes and athleticsm rather than ring smarts.

I think last night his skill level was shown to actually be better than it is because he was fighting chisora. chisora is a good fighter but he has relatively little amateur pedigree and I just think he is fighting top level guys too soon in his career.

anyways back to haye - imo haye never really needed bunched his punches together in the fight vs vlad and that cost him. I do believe that haye would still be one of the few fighters that could beat vlad so i hope a rematch happens. interestingly enough it wasn't mooted by the haye camp so something tells me haye doesn't want the fight with vlad or he doesn't think he could win.
      Last edited by hookoutofhell; 07-15-2012, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Wlad always punishes guys more in rematches. He won by ten rounds last time and would land the bomb on Haye that would send him down for good. Just because Haye beat a guy who lost two decisions to one armed fighters doesn't make him ready for Wlad2.

Comment

Oh...its really great....thanks for sharing all this informations & Photos....keep sharing..

Comment

I'd much rather see haye vitali tbh

Comment

I'd prefer to see Haye-Wlad rather than Haye-Vitali.

I think Wlad would KO Haye in a rematch.

But I think Haye might beat the faded age 41 Vitali, perhaps even stop him (although the most likely outcome is a decision win for Vitali).

Comment

yes if he beats vitali...i have this strange feeling we will see wlad\haye 2 even if vitali doesn't fight haye. it would not surprise me one bit if haye fights povetkin to get the regular title & become the #1 contender & wlad's mandatory...

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
                  Wlad always punishes guys more in rematches. He won by ten rounds last time and would land the bomb on Haye that would send him down for good. Just because Haye beat a guy who lost two decisions to one armed fighters doesn't make him ready for Wlad2.
                  That wasn't the question, would you like to see it was.

I would like to see a rematch, see if Haye changes anything. Wlad will probably try for the KO a bit more. Leads to a more open fight, I can't see anyone else on the horizon that excites me apart from David Price but he's said he's a few fights away from a Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Only if Haye beats Vitali.
                    Same. Otherwise I'd expect the same crap fight as last time that Wlad would win because of a couple of jabs each round.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                      I think the one thing haye actually lacks is skill. hes not very defensively cute and hes not a very good counter puncher. not that he needs to be when he can just blast out the majority of guys he faces. the sheer power of his offence means that he hasn't really concentrated on defence and when he does defend its primarily by using his reflexes and athleticsm rather than ring smarts.

I think last night his skill level was shown to actually be better than it is because he was fighting chisora. chisora is a good fighter but he has relatively little amateur pedigree and I just think he is fighting top level guys too soon in his career.

anyways back to haye - imo haye never really needed bunched his punches together in the fight vs vlad and that cost him. I do believe that haye would still be one of the few fighters that could beat vlad so i hope a rematch happens. interestingly enough it wasn't mooted by the haye camp so something tells me haye doesn't want the fight with vlad or he doesn't think he could win.
                      lol dude you just named all of haye's best traits there - he's very defensively cute and is a mean counter puncher ... that's basically what he is all about lol - you don't beat guys who outweigh you by 2 or 3 stone without being skilled Anyway I don't see him being able to beat wlad short of a puncher's chance but Vitali would be a great fight imo

Comment

Working...
                      X