Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No One In History Has Won More Lineal Titles In Different Weight Classes Than Manny

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original. 8. Weight. Classes.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Baldomir
      He was the lineal champ. Don't blame floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        nothing. But it has to be seen as less of anaccomplishment then beating the actual champion in the ring. Say what you want but floyd beat Hernadez, castillo, Corrales, Baldo and Shane in the ring. As the greates ever, The God Ric Falir so aptly put it

To Be the Man you Have to Beat the Man!
        I disagree I am sorry.

I give more credit to Manny or winning a vacant lineal title against the best SFW in JMM even going life and death than winning a lineal title against the man who beat the man in Baldomir.

And, Corrales wasn't the lineal champ. That was for the vacant ring title with the 2 best fighting each other. Hernandez was the lineal champ at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          No, they have not.

But, fighters have won more lineal titles than Manny in the original 8 weight-classes.
          The original 8 no longer exists in the same fashion as it once did. There are double the amount of weightclasses now. Now, you would have to judge how many lineal titles a fighter wins over the course of a certain number of pounds.

Comment

He was the lineal champ. Don't blame floyd.
            lolz, k.....

Comment

Originally posted by RimmyDelicious View Post
              Fair enough, however, take into account that Manny won his titles over the span of 112 to 140, or 28 pounds and a fighter like Armstrong won his from 126 to 147 or 21 pounds.
              Well in a strange way he benefited from no ams career sure he took a couple losses but no one holds that against him these days anyway. Floyd, Oscar, mosley etc could have started at lower weights and won more titles if they hadn't been good ams fighters.. Might have a fee more losses but like I said No one holds it over PAC nowdays

Comment

manny has 3 lineal titles
                thats a great accomplishment
                just leave it at that and quit flammin

Comment

There's like 18 weight classes today if some of the old time weight clas shifters were around today they would have won just as much.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    I disagree I am sorry.

I give more credit to Manny or winning a vacant lineal title against the best SFW in JMM even going life and death than winning a lineal title against the man who beat the man in Baldomir.

And, Corrales wasn't the lineal champ. That was for the vacant ring title with the 2 best fighting each other. Hernandez was the lineal champ at 130.
                    ok. But then floyd beat Zab so however you want to put it he beat the man. I'm surprised that you feel this way. I would think earning the lineal crown deserves more respect than fighting for it because your promoter is in with the sanctioning bodies.

Comment

But 140 and 130 are not actual weights armstrong could fight at. Better yet, there was no 154 where he could've picked up another title. Manny gets his credit, But if you only argue volume you need to put it in proper perspective.
                      Why not? When did the 130 and 140 pounds invented? And, when did Armstrong start fighting?

How did Tony Canzoneri win the lineal 140 pound title? He was fighting in the same era as Armstrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X