No announcement yet.

So about this Canelo guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So about this Canelo guy

Why is he going around acting like a diva and swears he got some pull? I mean, if he's really this superstar his fans make him out to be why is he not headlining his own PPV? The fact is that Chavez Jr and Martinez sold NEARLY 500k (if Im not mistaken) on their first PPV event when Canelo had a FREE event on TV. He knows he won't be beating Trout so he wants Mayweather to sign that dotted line. He has done nothing to earn a shot @ Mayweather and wouldn't that be a little unfair to Trout or Vanes or Lara? Mayweather doesn't need Canelo on his PPV. He got Guerrero and GBP got other Mexican fighters in their stable to co headline such as Mares.

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Why is he going around acting like a diva and swears he got some pull? I mean, if he's really this superstar his fans make him out to be why is he not headlining his own PPV? The fact is that Chavez Jr and Martinez sold NEARLY 500k (if Im not mistaken) on their first PPV event when Canelo had a FREE event on TV. He knows he won't be beating Trout so he wants Mayweather to sign that dotted line. He has done nothing to earn a shot @ Mayweather and wouldn't that be a little unfair to Trout or Vanes or Lara? Mayweather doesn't need Canelo on his PPV. He got Guerrero and GBP got other Mexican fighters in their stable to co headline such as Mares.
    It's like a woman who gets too much attention than she would elsewhere in the world because she's living in a city full of uglies and/or desperate guys, it ends up inflating her self worth.

Comment

and now he only wants to fight in may and sept like he's some huge star.....blame gb though. they've babied him and set him up for this.

Comment

Floyd should just tell him **** you and make him sell his own damn PPV.

Comment

I cant blame him for not wanting to be on the undercard of Floyds fight especially if he doesnt get ANY of the PPV buys or live gate money.

GBP can easily resolve this. Get Canelo-Trout on its own card. The winner fights Floyd.

Comment

What makes people think he will still fight Trout whether Mayweather signs or not? Something tells me Trout is not an option if Mayweather doesn't "guarantee" that fight in September. Seriously, this dude has done NOTHING in this sport or his own division to be demanding **** wtf...

Trout just beat Cotto and has not said 1 word about Mayweather. I never watched the post fight interview or post fight conference so Idk if he did there but I have not seen him mention Mayweather's name. Instead he wants to expose the fraud Canelo Alvarez, the way it should be.

Comment

GBP really got themselves in a bind protecting Canelo. They know he needs a high profile fight to face Mayweather but they don't wanna risk him losing to a relatively unknown fighter. That would seriously cut into their earnings. If anything this isn't a good look for Canelo, I don't think he's too confident in himself. I don't understand why he can't just fight Trout on the undercard in May and then worry about getting a fight with Floyd in September, WHY does he need a damn guarantee if he can headline PPV's on his own?!? It's not for the money cause I'm sure he's racking it in right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
                I cant blame him for not wanting to be on the undercard of Floyds fight especially if he doesnt get ANY of the PPV buys or live gate money.

GBP can easily resolve this. Get Canelo-Trout on its own card. The winner fights Floyd.
                Wouldn't he get the same amount of money as a co main as he would if he was headlining his own FREE event on Showtime? Canelo is NOT a PPV fighter (yet) and neither is Trout so most likely that fight on PPV would be a BUST.

I mean, Martinez-Chavez was probably THE most anticipated fight of 2012 and it did quite well but relative low (still exceeded some expectations) compared to people like Mayweather and Pacquiao. How do you think Canelo-Trout on PPV would look?

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post

Didn't Alvarez say in the interview that if he doesn't get the guarantee he is not fighting Trout? I would take that to mean even if Alvarez got his own card he is not fighting Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                    Didn't Alvarez say in the interview that if he doesn't get the guarantee he is not fighting Trout? I would take that to mean even if Alvarez got his own card he is not fighting Trout.
                    When was this? The most recent interview he says he doesn't want to be a co-feature.

If he fights Trout as a headliner he gets a big share of PPV and gate revenue.

It seems like he's fighting Austin Trout. He said that's the only opponent out there for him. The question is as a headliner or as a co-feature.

Comment

Working...
                    X