Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBP still hasn't named a new opponent for Canelo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBP still hasn't named a new opponent for Canelo.

Oscar has been quoted as saying that he will have a historic fight signed for Canelo to counter TR's Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez card, but they have yet to name Canelo's opposition for the fight. I am interested in who some of you guys think the opponent will be. I will say this, the only way this fight will be considered legendary or historic would be if P. Will was to have fully heeled from his paralysis and has signed again for this fight. IMO anything short of that will fall short of having historic value in a good way. It could still be historic for being one of the worst PPV main events in boxing history, but I don't think that's what GBP is aiming for.

Maybe Oscar is going to come back and fight him himself. lol

Comment

Originally posted by WBA Champ
      or Mayweather
      please explain to me how that is possible

Comment

Its either Quintana or Mayorga

Comment

I think it might be Cotto.....or Mayweather
          I don't think it could be Mayweather in September. I think they have said that Cotto has no interest in fighting in September either.

Comment

At this point with all of the bad luck they have experienced in securing a quality opponent they should just swallow their pride and move off the damn date. Instead they're going to be bullheaded and be humiliated when Sergio-JCC crushes their event.

Comment

I think it might be Cotto.....or Mayweather
              In September? I'd be shocked if it was Cotto, because Mayweather definitely isn't fighting in September and Cotto already said he has plans with his family.

Comment

Mayweather is simply not possible. Cotto is not possible unless GBP has panicked and is going to throw a Brinks truck full of cash at him.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Its either Quintana or Mayorga
                  Why would either of those fights have historical value. I think ODL must've mis spoke. I would rather see Winky Wright delay his retirement party and get in there with Canelo than either of those guys.

Comment

I hope its k9.Would love to see canelo unify belts.

Comment

Working...
                    X