No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rivalta Wants Joan Guzman To Face Devon Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rivalta Wants Joan Guzman To Face Devon Alexander

Promoter Henry Rivalta of Acquinity Sports believes that his boxer, Dominican star Joan Guzmán 32-0-1 (18 KO's), can easily defeat welterweight contender Devon Alexander, who dominated Marcos Maidana over ten rounds on Saturday night in St. Louis. Guzman returns on Marhc 2nd Jesús Pabon or Puerto Rico in Hollywood, Florida.

[Click Here To Read More]

Guzman should fight the Judah-Paris winner.

Comment

If the right Guzman shows up he will embarrass Alexander something stupid and take his belts with ease. But who knows with Guzman?!?! He fights soon and if he comes in good on the weight again then i might start getting excited about him in the mix with the 140/147 lbers

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        If the right Guzman shows up he will embarrass Alexander something stupid and take his belts with ease. But who knows with Guzman?!?! He fights soon and if he comes in good on the weight again then i might start getting excited about him in the mix with the 140/147 lbers
        Most people forget that back in 07' and early 08', Guzman was pushing for a fight with Pacquiao at 130. Guzman had beaten Beltran, Barrios, and Soto. Pacquiao never fought him. Guzman is good, he's getting up there in age. I'd like to see him fight the Judah-Paris winner, than maybe get a title shot at 140 against the Garcia-Morales winner or something.

Guzman looked a little slow at 140 against Castellano, but still pretty sharp. Guzman is past his prime (2001/2002-2008), but he's still good I think. He's just not as quick as 140 lbs as he was at 130 or at 135 against Diaz.
        Last edited by 4Corners; 02-27-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I would take the best Guzman over the best Devon

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            I would take the best Guzman over the best Devon
            Agree. To bad we don't have Hot Tub time Machine.

Alexander beats Guzman right now.

Comment

Enough of Joan "Would of, could of" Guzman.

He dont even deserve to stand in front of Alexander. I would really like to see which fighter will give this bum a shot.

I mean what fighter that beats Guzman will actually receive praise from the critics or fans? None.

Fighting Guzman is a lose/lose situation. He better find some bum that needs to comeback and save face.

Comment

Joan Guzman is on another level? Lol ok. You mean the Joan Guzman that is known for being undisciplined and for coming in fat/overweight to his fights? The Joan Guzman whose last 11 out of 12 fights all went the distance? The Joan Guzman who got the hell beat out of him by Ali Funeka and got a gift decision? The Joan Guzman who has only 1 marquee name (Soto) on his victory list in the last 5-6 years? Cmon everyone, Guzman is done. I am no fan of Devon's, in fact I am not a fan, but he's not beating Devon.

Comment

when slickness collides

Comment

Working...
                  X