Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARQUEZ: "Arum told me it was just business... I wanted to slap him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, why would floyd even risk fighting manny knowing that Bob pretty much has control over the scoring of fights he promotes?

some shady **** goin on right there

Comment

who did this interview btw and when was this?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
        This should not come as a surprise to anyone. The sport (all major sports for that matter) are fueled by money which makes it impossible not to run it as a business.

All of the interests involved from different parties including greed have ruined the essence of sports and how they should be conducted.
        No doubt, but boxing is on the lowest rung of the ladder, notorious and infamous for its corruption and shadiness.

Every time something like this happens (and it happened a lot in 2011) it damages the sport's credibility and marketability, it's just killing itself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          No doubt, but boxing is on the lowest rung of the ladder, notorious and infamous for its corruption and shadiness.

Every time something like this happens (and it happened a lot in 2011) it damages the sport's credibility and marketability, it's just killing itself.
          For your sake I hope you don't mean the Khan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
            Marquez is just bitter and he will believe what he believes and its his right to do so, he had 3 close fights versus Pac, but its just what it is, close fightsm far from a robbery ....
            as a pac fan you can't say manny won all 3 fights though.. let's not go with that b.s.

Comment

Shoulda slapped him

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                For your sake I hope you don't mean the Khan fight.
                I think the Khan fight is a clear example of this.. and you'd be a fool to deny it having Mayweather in your avy since Mayweather pushes off just as much as anybody in the sport if not more and doesn't get penalized for it.. why should Khan?

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                  I think the Khan fight is a clear example of this.. and you'd be a fool to deny it having Mayweather in your avy since Mayweather pushes off just as much as anybody in the sport if not more and doesn't get penalized for it.. why should Khan?
                  He doesn't. U aint never see May running like Khan did and pushing like he did to stay alive. Can't believe you just said that

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                    He doesn't. U aint never see May running like Khan did and pushing like he did to stay alive. Can't believe you just said that
                    pushing is pushing and he sure does it. i'm not talking about running.. you are trying to take something and spin it out of context. pushing is part of the sport though..
                    other things that he never gets penalized for are elbows and ducking under the waist.
                    or turning his side where his back is to his opponent.
                    all illegal moves according to the rules of boxing.

Comment

No he "rarely" pushes

He does uses his elbow to block and at times to create space when hounded

But running and literally pushing like Khan did is the difference, no come on now. And yes he gets warned for elbows and had points taken away before

Comment

Working...
                      X