Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that Bradley made the right move by signing with Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    Who says he won't face any of those guys.

TBH I think most confuse Arum and Manny's issues with GBP and think it applies to every TR fighter.

Manny is the only fighter, to my knowledge, that it actually hurts Arum/Top Rank when it comes to doing business with GBP (due to Manny's contract). However those issues are currently over, but that's another story for another day.

FWIW Arum did contact GBP about a Maidana vs Bradley fight and is trying to make a Chavez vs Alvarez bout.

Again Manny's situation (which is no longer a problem) isn't the same as other Top Rank fighters.

I hope this is true because all that in house stuff is BS! Why did Bob keep Donaire out of the bantam weight tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      I hope this is true because all that in house stuff is BS! Why did Bob keep Donaire out of the bantam weight tournament?
      bob is crazy

Comment

Mayweather>>>>>>>>Pacquiao why are you so defensive? Is it that time of the month for you?
        Sorry no the difference is not that great for you to make that comparison and you know that. We know that the numbers have not been as expansive as they once were for Mayweather over Manny.

Also considering Golden Boy has a few fighters they have made overtures about putting up against Mayweather (Khan and Canelo notably) I would say a Bradley-Mayweather fight would have been down the road if at all. By comparison Bradley is already being talked about as the next viable opponent for Manny.

period jokes? really?

what's next gay and momma jokes too?

no one is getting defensive it was an answered question to which you had to try and show your intelligence by stating fighters who are bigger starts YET I think the vast majority of people on here already knew that. Simply put Bradley does have options, maybe not high profile ones, but he does

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          Not really. Khan >>>> Everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
            Sorry no the difference is not that great for you to make that comparison and you know that. We know that the numbers have not been as expansive as they once were for Mayweather over Manny.

Also considering Golden Boy has a few fighters they have made overtures about putting up against Mayweather (Khan and Canelo notably) I would say a Bradley-Mayweather fight would have been down the road if at all. By comparison Bradley is already being talked about as the next viable opponent for Manny.

period jokes? really?

what's next gay and momma jokes too?

no one is getting defensive it was an answered question to which you had to try and show your intelligence by stating fighters who are bigger starts YET I think the vast majority of people on here already knew that. Simply put Bradley does have options, maybe not high profile ones, but he does
            That was the point of this thread, dude act your age.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
              Shane's face was pretty jacked up off of the few punches he did land.

I mean common sense should tell you it's hard to destroy a fighter who is in full retreat mode 8-9 rounds of the scheduled 12.

Now if Tim does that, he won't get demolished either, but I know Tim has too much heart/pride and will actually fight Manny....leading to his distruction.

Let's face it...both will fight so lets do a bet.....5-1 odds that Manny stops Tim inside of 10 rounds.
              Aiight, make your bet.

Comment

That was the point of this thread, dude act your age.
                no it wasn't

the question was posed was signing with Top Rank a good move by Bradley.

someone asked who else is there besides Rios Marquez and Manny. I answered to which you replied

I don't get where you are not connecting with what I originally stated?

again no one is stating that Khan Guerrero Maidana are not bigger stars than Jones Alvarado and Clottey

Bradley though does have options besides the three mentioned.

do I need to use smaller words?

Comment

Yeah but he's an expert at ripping them off. How the hell do you give a promoter 25%+ of your purse? That makes no sense.
                  Because if you look up the duties and responsibilities of a Promoter you will learn what you obviously don't now know. How important a promoter is to a fighter and worth every penny he gets. And, don't fotget he makes the best deals with sponsors, drink snd food sellers, arenas, opponents, advertizng, TV, etc,etc and so on....... and on. His duties are endless. No boxer could do this and still box. And HE is the only one responsible for paying everybody, and if the promotion is not a success, he has to pay out millions from his own pckets.

A good example is shown in the Mayweather Promotions farce. Here is a pretend Promotion Co. which has never even applied for a licence, does nothing, deserves nothing, but because it has the name of "Promotions", and to make Mayweather happy, the REAL promoter, usually Golden Balls, may give it a tiny share of profits and anyway allows it's name to be mentioned in the advertizing.

When Golden Balls was established, and Oscar was still occasionally boxing, and even to this day, Oscar really dis and does nothing, except be the figurehead, the real work being done by Schaefer and others.

I have read that Top Rank gets 27% of the profits.

Comment

shaw is garbage and bradley went as far as he could with shaw.

might've been better if he signed with GBP, then we'd see khan vs bradley

Comment

Working...
                    X