No announcement yet.

Any of you guys on here cycle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys on here cycle?

I've been cycling for about 4 weeks now trying to lose some pounds, I cycle about 24km twice (14.9 miles) everyday, once on my exercise bike and once in the morning on my outdoor bike.

Just wanted to know if any of you cycle and if its better to for me to keep in shape by cycling, I don't always have the time to run so I find cycling to work helps me in one aspect.

I must say after 4 weeks, sometimes I feel really weak in my legs and sometimes I feel like I could run a marathon, what is that? Am I not stretching enough before and after my bike rides?

Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by BoxingFan00 View Post
    I've been cycling for about 4 weeks now trying to lose some pounds, I cycle about 24km twice (14.9 miles) everyday, once on my exercise bike and once in the morning on my outdoor bike.

Just wanted to know if any of you cycle and if its better to for me to keep in shape by cycling, I don't always have the time to run so I find cycling to work helps me in one aspect.

I must say after 4 weeks, sometimes I feel really weak in my legs and sometimes I feel like I could run a marathon, what is that? Am I not stretching enough before and after my bike rides?

Any help is appreciated.

Last thing first -- I am one who personally thinks that stretching cold muscles is bad news.

I do bike, daily, but you will not compensate for running by just cycling in my opinion. Also, you should incorporate a lot of long sprints in your bike rides to get your heart rate up. Rest about a minute (when I say rest I mean keep pedaling just don't keep sprinting) and then do it again. Do it as much as you can because it helps those fast twitch fibre muscles.

The weakness in the legs is due to you (probably) over doing it by riding to and from work. Once a week or so you should take at LEAST one day off.

I hope I am making sense and helping at least somewhat.

Comment

running is better for losing weight than cycling, running burns alot more fat

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II
        why not?

because biking too much and only biking just as with running too much and only running can cause muscle unbalances resulting in possible pain in your knees calfs thighs and hips.

if you prefer to run you should still bike once a week or ever other week just as if you prefer to bike you should still go for a jog once a week or every other week.

Originally posted by phallus View Post
        running is better for losing weight than cycling, running burns alot more fat
        neither really burns more calories then the other and if anything biking is easier to do so people tend to do it longer.

as far as fat burned biking is easier so your able to go further for a longer time while keeping your heart at a lowered rate then if you were jogging. with your heart at a lower rate a greater percent of the calories your burning are coming from fat then from carbs so since your not depleting your carb stores you wont be as hungry when your done working out.
        Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 06-22-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I cycle to the train station every day. FEEL THE BURN!!!

Comment

RUNNING IS A LOT HARDER AND U'LL SEE THE RESULTS WHEN U FIGHT ;-)
            try a 45-55 minutes run with 4 sprints do it 2-3 times a week and ur cardio will get crazy...

cycle is more for building leg muscles (or for old ppl who can't run) it's always better than to do nothing but if ur young and full of energy go out and run mo****as.. it's hard but the results of winning a fight or to the fat guyz(to lose fast fat) is indescribable
            ... i don't know but just sitting there and cyling is too boring for me.. i need to feel free on the sunny fresh weather and run with my whole weight
            and breathe like crazy to get more endurance each time.

sry for my bad english guyz

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Shen View Post
              because biking too much and only biking just as with running too much and only running can cause muscle unbalances resulting in possible pain in your knees calfs thighs and hips.

if you prefer to run you should still bike once a week or ever other week just as if you prefer to bike you should still go for a jog once a week or every other week.

neither really burns more calories then the other and if anything biking is easier to do so people tend to do it longer.

as far as fat burned biking is easier so your able to go further for a longer time while keeping your heart at a lowered rate then if you were jogging. with your heart at a lower rate a greater percent of the calories your burning are coming from fat then from carbs so since your not depleting your carb stores you wont be as hungry when your done working out.
              Thanks, great response!

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOutPuncher View Post
                RUNNING IS A LOT HARDER AND U'LL SEE THE RESULTS WHEN U FIGHT ;-)
                try a 45-55 minutes run with 4 sprints do it 2-3 times a week and ur cardio will get crazy...

cycle is more for building leg muscles (or for old ppl who can't run) it's always better than to do nothing but if ur young and full of energy go out and run mo****as.. it's hard but the results of winning a fight or to the fat guyz(to lose fast fat) is indescribable
                ... i don't know but just sitting there and cyling is too boring for me.. i need to feel free on the sunny fresh weather and run with my whole weight
                and breathe like crazy to get more endurance each time.

sry for my bad english guyz
                YOur English is great man. Good post.

Comment

Working...
                X