Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might be old but, alot of Freddy Roach's fighters never use the jab.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be old but, alot of Freddy Roach's fighters never use the jab.

I've noticed that alot of Roach's fighters almost never use the jab. Like Vasquez, the Pacquiao's, De La Hoya for the Mayweather fight, Manfredo jr, and others. im not saying its necessarily a bad thing becuz his fighters are good regardless, but its just something i noticed. Did anyone else notice or is this already old news?

Pacquiao uses the jab quite a bit now, De La Hoya was but he stopped half way through the fight.

Comment

Pacquiao uses his jab a lot, atleast of late. De La Hoya's whole game is the jab and left hook.

Comment

Did you notic that most top fighters have stopped using a consistent jab? I actually think the whole trend started with Roy Jones Jr. Then you saw more and more talented guys like Mosley, Mayweather and Pacquiao come around and succeed without using a consistent jab

Comment

Yea i noticed that too. But i think it has to do with their opponents being inside fighters who rush in, so they counter with big shots, so the jab really doesn't need to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman18 View Post
            Yea i noticed that too. But i think it has to do with their opponents being inside fighters who rush in, so they counter with big shots, so the jab really doesn't need to be used.
            Yeah. And guys with good reflexes like Manny are relying on that to hit a guy with bigger shots straightaway instead of setting it up. Its a bad habit tho

Comment

Lol at De La Hoya being a roach fighter. I bet Roach didn't even train De La Hoya to keep using the jab constantly. He saw it working so he said keep using it.

Also what are you talking about? Vasquez uses his jab a lot. Marquez and Vasquez would jab their way in and then slug it out. That might be Perez's work though.

Comment

Maybe the jab is useless at a higher level.

Comment

The Jab is the best Tool of the TALL MEN with long reach that is the most dangerous weapon of a tall fighter.
                  A tall fighter with a good sharp jab is dangerous as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                    Maybe the jab is useless at a higher level.
                    Tell that to Larry Holmes.

Comment

Working...
                    X