Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Kessler version was better, calzaghe or froch???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
    The one that Calzaghe beat he was in his prime then. Froch lost to a faded one eyed Kessler.
    Sometimes a beaten man comes back stronger. Who knows if Kessler isn't at his prime now? Never seen him throw a sneaky left hook or fight that much on the inside as he has done in his last 2 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      It might sound strange at first but there have been studies carried out

discussion: http://www.soccerbythenumbers.com/20...-hormones.html
      I won't believe it unless they were tested by USADA or VADA

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
        Sometimes a beaten man comes back stronger. Who knows if Kessler isn't at his prime now? Never seen him throw a sneaky left hook or fight that much on the inside as he has done in his last 2 fights.
        Have you seen how easy he was to hit against "Sweetness" compared to say 2007 he is seriously faded he gets by on heart and balls now.

Comment

In my opinion Kessler was in his prime when he fought Calzaghe.
          And he had the confidence of an unbeaten fighter.

Froch fought him 2.5 years after that and with Kessler coming from two mentally draining losses, one of which almost took his eye out.

Most people scored it for Kessler against Froch.
          None scored it for Kessler against Calzaghe.

Not sure how big a deal the location had with it. Doubt Calzaghe would've been intimidated by the danish crowd and the travel time is almost negligible.
          Last edited by Barry Halls; 05-30-2012, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mani1 View Post
            Have you seen how easy he was to hit against "Sweetness" compared to say 2007 he is seriously faded he gets by on heart and balls now.
            Or perhaps he the number 1 seeded champ underestimated the young man.

Comment

people always try take ***** away from joe.kessler was way better before his defeat to joe and the amount of headbutts he took from andre ward to f-uck his eye up cant have made him any better of a boxer

Comment

The one against calzaghe

Comment

Are people stupid? Kessler was unbeaten vs Calzaghe never taught how to lose and in his phsyical prime throwing pin point accurate punches.

The Kessler that fought Froch 3 years later was on the back of two defeats with scar tissue all over his eyes from the Ward headbutt and struggling with vision issues. His punches were so much wider and looked no where near as good.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                    Where are people getting this hand injury story from?

They were Unifying the division, and your telling me someone was willing to fight with a hand injury? lol
                    He did fight with a hand injury, but his camp did their best to keep it low key. He hurt his right in training and his sparring was nil in the few weeks before the fight. It didn't cost him the fight with Calzaghe (he had no answer when Calzaghe adjusted after 5) but it was there and he had it surgically repaired after the fight. I saw the surgical scar up close later on; runs across the top of his right.

Calzaghe faced a generally better version in that Kessler's jab was sharper in 07. Kessler pushed shots more now. Years of injuries take a toll.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      He did fight with a hand injury, but his camp did their best to keep it low key. He hurt his right in training and his sparring was nil in the few weeks before the fight. It didn't cost him the fight with Calzaghe (he had no answer when Calzaghe adjusted after 5) but it was there and he had it surgically repaired after the fight. I saw the surgical scar up close later on; runs across the top of his right.

Calzaghe faced a generally better version in that Kessler's jab was sharper in 07. Kessler pushed shots more now. Years of injuries take a toll.

Also Kessler was able to put combos together much better than (better timing and coordination) he is able to do now. I think a lot took out of Kessler after the Ward/Froch fight. He went to the edge against Froch. I don't know he can do it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X