This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    You're basically the Manchester City version of Dirk.

You have sky blue colored lenses on and can't see shit of value outside of City.

Ok.

I'm reasonably confident that 99.9% of neutrals (or even Liverpool/Spurs fans) would say City have the league's best attack. But it must just be me not seeing the value outside of City.

Comment

• City look proper naughty at the moment tbh.

Comment

• City looked proper naughty at the beginning of last season too till they played against a team who weren't cheated out of actually being able to compete with them and were found out.

They've had so many decisions go in their favour so far and once the luck runs out and they face an half decent team who is allowed to keep all 11 of their players on the field they'll get slapped up again no doubt.

Same team really...still got John Stones at the back, Ederson looks like a bum and Mendy is the second coming of Djimi Traore, not even gonna start on Kyle Walker he's not even the best player named Kyle Walker in the league ffs, that 17 year old at Spurs is already ten times better than him.

It's gonna be a toe to toe battle between Utd and Liverpool for the league this season, just like the good old days. The big dogs are back baby, it just cannot be denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          City looked proper naughty at the beginning of last season too till they played against a team who weren't cheated out of actually being able to compete with them and were found out.

They've had so many decisions go in their favour so far and once the luck runs out and they face an half decent team who is allowed to keep all 11 of their players on the field they'll get slapped up again no doubt.

Same team really...still got John Stones at the back, Ederson looks like a bum and Mendy is the second coming of Djimi Traore, not even gonna start on Kyle Walker he's not even the best player named Kyle Walker in the league ffs, that 17 year old at Spurs is already ten times better than him.

It's gonna be a toe to toe battle between Utd and Liverpool for the league this season, just like the good old days. The big dogs are back baby, it just cannot be denied.
          No bites here pal.

No arguments from you that Mane deserved a red for kicking Ederson's face off.

I agree on not getting over excited after the starts we've made in the last couple of years though. Wheels have been known to fall off.

Not sure how anyone could argue us not having the best attack though.
          Last edited by El Fenomeno; 09-19-2017, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• We'll see if City have changed when they play Chelsea at the end of the month.

Chelsea will just tuck-in as usual and hit them on the break. It's Conte's favourite tactical challenge to be allowed to willingly concede possession for the benefit of playing in huge open spaces when they do get the ball and Chelsea have better players than most to carry out that game plan.

In the interest of fairness if City did beat Chelsea I'd revisit my Man U league winner prediction. I can't see it.City will lose a fair few games without a plan B in a league where most teams play on the counter. Their quality is steam-rolling smaller teams and a 10-man Liverpool team that quit terribly, but it can't last if they are made to run back the other way.

That United team would adapt to a Chelsea this year, pack out the midfield and get at least a point and will do the same at all their rivals and pick up points.

City will turn up, go toe-to-toe and get the occasional shoeing. The nature of that style. They have to be THAT much better to keep winning.

Would Pep ever adapt to the opposition?

You have to do that in the Premiership. No 1 team is that outstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              We'll see if City have changed when they play Chelsea at the end of the month.

Chelsea will just tuck-in as usual and hit them on the break. It's Conte's favourite tactical challenge to be allowed to willingly concede possession for the benefit of playing in huge open spaces when they do get the ball and Chelsea have better players than most to carry out that game plan.

In the interest of fairness if City did beat Chelsea I'd revisit my Man U league winner prediction. I can't see it.City will lose a fair few games without a plan B in a league where most teams play on the counter. Their quality is steam-rolling smaller teams and a 10-man Liverpool team that quit terribly, but it can't last if they are made to run back the other way.

That United team would adapt to a Chelsea this year, pack out the midfield and get at least a point and will do the same at all their rivals and pick up points.

City will turn up, go toe-to-toe and get the occasional shoeing. The nature of that style. They have to be THAT much better to keep winning.

Would Pep ever adapt to the opposition?

You have to do that in the Premiership. No 1 team is that outstanding.
              The way Pep's teams play they'll monopolise possession which will correlate to more chances created for his team over 90 mins in the overwhelming majority of cases. If we'd been able to hit a cows arse with the chances we'd created against you last year you'd have been dispatched relatively comfortably, no? What happened is that in the end you were clinical in the game and we weren't.

So why would he adapt when his way of playing is the one that creates the most goal-scoring opportunities of the 2 teams? You can't legislate for your players missing a sitter/theirs being more clinical/your keeper having a howler.

Also, these 'occasional shoeings'. How occasional are we talking? I can remember the Everton 4-0 from last season and that's about it, don't remember many other teams ever blowing us away.

This isn't like when Wenger would set up completely naively against the top sides with the same results each time. Pep's system is known to have worked on the majority of occasions, why bin it for a more pragmatic (primitive) style?

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                The way Pep's teams play they'll monopolise possession which will correlate to more chances created for his team over 90 mins in the overwhelming majority of cases. If we'd been able to hit a cows arse with the chances we'd created against you last year you'd have been dispatched relatively comfortably, no? What happened is that in the end you were clinical in the game and we weren't.

So why would he adapt when his way of playing is the one that creates the most goal-scoring opportunities of the 2 teams? You can't legislate for your players missing a sitter/theirs being more clinical/your keeper having a howler.

Also, these 'occasional shoeings'. How occasional are we talking? I can remember the Everton 4-0 from last season and that's about it, don't remember many other teams ever blowing us away.

This isn't like when Wenger would set up completely naively against the top sides with the same results each time. Pep's system is known to have worked on the majority of occasions, why bin it for a more pragmatic (primitive) style?
                We don't agree on that game at all. We've been through it before. I'd maintain that Chelsea would win that game more times than City if that game unfurled the same way every time. You can't give us 60 metres of green space to attack and not concede at least a few.

And, you obviously can legislate for missed chances by defending properly.

Chelsea played fairly poorly that day but scored 3 and should have scored more as simple passes were being missed with City leaving 50 metres of space behind them, whereas City got a fortunate OG before the ginger prince missed from 2 inches.

It is not primitive to legislate for the opposition it is just humility.

You got smashed by Leicester as well.

You will get the occasional shoeing. Don't be delusional.

City have the set-up and mentality that if they fall behind they will keep chasing. You'll always get smashed a few times a season in this league. This isn't Barcelona in La Liga. You support Man City in the premiership.

I think you think that City are a much better team than everyone else. They're obviously not. And because they're not they will have to legislate for the opposition which they don't.
                Last edited by Sparked_26; 09-19-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Sparked and the Yank know better though .

Comment

• I see Neymar is already being a little b1tch over at PSG

Comment

• Looking forward to Rio Ferdinand becoming undisputed Cw champ in a few years

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      No bites here pal.

No arguments from you that Mane deserved a red for kicking Ederson's face off.

I agree on not getting over excited after the starts we've made in the last couple of years though. Wheels have been known to fall off.

Not sure how anyone could argue us not having the best attack though.
                      United clearly have a better attack don't let a thrashing of Liverpool convince you otherwise.. there defense is absolutely dire

Comment

Working...
                      X