• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aew is the future of wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
      Hell yeah it is. Vince McMahon is scared and paranoid of that fact as well. Reports are coming in that he's starting to get angry at current employees for mentioning AEW or wanting their release from their current contracts. Some current WWE wrestlers are even turning down big money deals and opting to sit out their remaining time with the company until they become a free agent for a chance to sign with AEW now, like Sasha Banks and Luke Harper, even if it means it doesn't happen and earn less money somewhere else, that's how unhappy people are in WWE these days. It AEW wants to make a real dent, they need to start offering health insurance, a retirement plan and vacation time as they become more successful. Then WWE will be forced to do the same or go out of business.

That's probably also why fighters are opting to sign with Bellator instead of UFC, although not as often. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want more sponsor money somewhere else with that stupid Reebok deal. I guess top fighters must be getting major salary increases, like Conor and Khabib did with their last contracts, maybe some PPV points.

Comment

As long as they don't make the same dumb mistakes TNA made, AEW can go a long way.

WWE fans, wrestlers, and writers are all annoyed and bored with WWE currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          As long as they don't make the same dumb mistakes TNA made, AEW can go a long way.

WWE fans, wrestlers, and writers are all annoyed and bored with WWE currently.
          I agree and the thing that I liked about Aew they keep their character. The ring is as big as the WWE Ring.

Comment

I agree and the thing that I liked about Aew they keep their character. The ring is as big as the WWE Ring.

Yeah man, I can't wait for All Out in August.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Yeah man, I can't wait for All Out in August.
              I believe that's also around the time they start their weekly show on cable. TNT right?

Comment

I'm consistently impressed by the ability of AEW to know what the fans want, and to deliver.

Wwe has been TELLING fans what they want for years

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  I believe that's also around the time they start their weekly show on cable. TNT right?
                  Yeah, the show will be on TNT. I just read that show should start airing in October.

Comment

Heard their next PPV (All Out in August) sold out within fifteen minutes. That's the second event in a row (unofficially the third) that sold out far in advance. Hope AEW can keep the momentum building!

Also this next one is in Chicago. really eager to see if they sign CM Pun or not

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                      Heard their next PPV (All Out in August) sold out within fifteen minutes. That's the second event in a row (unofficially the third) that sold out far in advance. Hope AEW can keep the momentum building!

Also this next one is in Chicago. really eager to see if they sign CM Pun or not
                      The same month as Summerslam. I remember when Vince McMahon came up with the idea of The Survivor Series not only to compete with Jim Crockett's Starrcade PPV, but actually made cable companies choose, telling them they could only have Survivor Series if they didn't show Starrcade. Of course, Vince can't pull that today with all the online and streaming options out there and you can't keep that a secret as easily anymore for as long either. Still he's been getting a little angry lately at wrestlers expressing frustration at wanting their release, mentioning AEW online and turning down big money offers to stay. How about instead of punishing people he actually, you know, listens to concerns and does something about them? Radical concept I know. Probably won't happen until Triple H and Shane completely take over. It's been said they're the nicer, more reasonable and respectful ones to work for on staff.

If CM Punk likes what the company is doing wrestling wise, he might, since that was his major source of frustration and reason for leaving WWE. The guy can be a little difficult at times though, so it would be a matter of how well he gets along with Cody and the other wrestlers.

Comment

Working...
                      X