No announcement yet.

So looking back at the Klitscko stoppage it looked very premature to me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So looking back at the Klitscko stoppage it looked very premature to me

After the 2nd knockdown Wlad was actually recovering, still dazed but he appeared to have his wits about him and had the presence of mind to block and avoid shots aswell as move around the ring

Damn shame it got stopped, had it gone on I believe Wlad would have gone the distance.

cry a river, build a bridge and get over it

Comment

He would be a vegetable by now if the fight wasnt stopped

Comment

Was a fix man all a big fat fix

Fury coming Back to sort these frauds out

Comment

That is the problems now a days. These premature stoppages are not letting us see if the boxer can make an epic comeback.

Comment

If Wlad was in his 20s I would say let it go till he can't get up - but I am glad that the referee stopped it.

Too much risk for a 41-old. There was some chance he would survive and get AJ in trouble for emptying the tank, but more likely he would take some heavy shots in the process. No need - too much risk. He has a beautiful wife and a baby girl back home.

Comment

Did you hear the fighter complain?

He was on wobbled legs and thats when a shot to the head can cause more damage then on strong legs!

Only a poster that has never fought can think that Wlad was able to continue. Just look at his balance and eyes, he was done and getting ready to get hurt badly. Good stoppage!!
              Why get KO'd at 41 yrs old, the tko is there to save fighters from being devastated.

Ray

Comment

Klitchko was done. 20 or 30 years ago, you would put money on the ref letting a fight like this continue - but we now live in a day and age where caution is exercised and people have an interest in not turning men into vegetables.

One more Joshua bomb wouldn't give me any more closure than there already is.

Comment

He was done, a few more clean shots from Joshua and klitschko's life may change forever.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                    After the 2nd knockdown Wlad was actually recovering, still dazed but he appeared to have his wits about him and had the presence of mind to block and avoid shots aswell as move around the ring

Damn shame it got stopped, had it gone on I believe Wlad would have gone the distance.
                    Actually, I go further than this and maintain he wasn't even dazed. Everyone says "he would have just got more punishment" and one user said I was crazy and it was only a "matter of time" before he landed a big one and took him out and why wait for that.....WELLL THE FACT IS HE DIDN'T LAND IT DID HE? he hit his arms and elbows....wtf was that stoppage? If the fight was in America it wouldn't have been stopped but it was in Wembleeee in front of "here we here go" drunk Brits so the referee was terrified.

Comment

Working...
                    X