Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Danny Garcia wins 'close, tricky fight' with Granados

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People sleep on Granados, dude is legit and on any given night can defeat any of the top fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
      Why would he take 3 when khan got 5?
      Khan is a much bigger draw than Garcia! I know it sounds crazy knowing Garcia beat Khan when they fought but for some strange reason, Khan and Broner names carry more weight than most of the top guys even though they haven't won a meaningful fight in years!

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
        Why leave 2 mil on the table?
        Garcia got $2 mil for the Thurman fight and $1.5 mil for the porter fight! Unless he fights Manny, Floyd, or Canelo, he's not getting $3 mil plus fighting anyone else. He'll probably get $1 - $1.2 mil for Grenados!

Comment

I think this will be a decent fight (its free). Always like watching Granados. Also Danny will get more viewers than Crawford on the same date.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            People sleep on Granados, dude is legit and on any given night can defeat any of the top fighters.
            No he can't. The dude is scrappy as hell, but he's up against serious skill and power deficits with the top-shelf WWs. He can give a good scrap to Broner-level guys and even beat over-hyped prospects like Amir Imam (****ing dreadful defense), but that's about it. He's not going to threaten the elite WWs, so he should probably head back down to JWW. Regardless of which weight he fights at, he will get matched with all the top guys because he's a very beatable, crowd-pleasing fighter. He will get exposure and some good money, but he's going to own a real journeyman's record before he's done.
            Last edited by NachoMan; 01-18-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Granados has a ton of heart and certainly is no push over, but his style is tailor made for Danny. Danny should win this fight by stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                No he can't. The dude is scrappy as hell, but he's up against serious skill and power deficits with the top-shelf WWs. He can give a good scrap to Broner-level guys and even beat over-hyped prospects like Amir Imam (****ing dreadful defense), but that's about it. He's not going to threaten the elite WWs, so he should probably head back down to JWW. Regardless of which weight he fights at, he will get matched with all the top guys because he's a very beatable crowd-pleaser. He will get exposure and some good money, but he's going to own a real journeyman's record before he's done.
                He can beat any top WW on any given night. Any WW comes weak or has a bad night Granados will expose it and take the victory.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  He can beat any top WW on any given night. Any WW comes weak or has a bad night Granados will expose it and take the victory.
                  Thanks for clarifying your argument. Granados can beat any WW out there...provided they have a really bad night. I suppose that makes sense, even though it applies to pretty much anyone. If Bud Crawford shows up with the flu and a gun shot wound, I could probably take him.

Comment

One things for sure, Granados won’t make it easy for Garcia.

Comment

I love this matchup. This is one of those fights that you show to your friends and family that don't like boxing like that. I already see this turning into a certified brawl.

I like both these fighters, may the best man win.

Comment

Working...
                      X