No announcement yet.

Martinez vs Chavez Jr : that 12th round is a problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
    That fight in my opinion made both guys looked bad.

Going in, everyone knew Martinez was going to roll that kid. I don't think anybody gave Chavez a chance of even going 12. Martinez schooling him was nothing special since everybody expected it. But Chavez wasn't even a LITTLE competitive, so he ended up looking even worse than most people thought he was.

The fact that Martinez almost got KO'd by him is just flat out embarrassing.I honestly think it was a blow to each guy's reputation. But this is boxing and fans are ******ed so each country probably considers their guy pound for pound number one after it.
    I'd like to see you go toe to toe with a guy 20 pounds heavier than you after 11 rounds, with the same ring experience with you.

Don't talk that jumped up **** makes you sound muggy.

Nothing embarrassing about fighting another man and getting knocked down what is embarrassing is a poster on here with a picture of Kermit the Frog as his avatar saying its embarrassing to get knocked down in a world title fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
      The guy almost knocked him out without a gameplan and a trainer who couldn't motivate him and didn't believe in him. Now imagine if he had a trainer who could actually give him a gameplan, have him motivated, and believes in him, you dont think that would make a difference? Silly
      Do you honestly believe his camp didn't have a game plan for him? Come on man...

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        That's my point. Tired or not, an elite fighter is not supposed to get hit by the same punches over and over again

No he didn't.

I didn't mention Sergio's chin once. It's not about the knockdown, it's about what he did after he got up. He ate right hands and left hooks and threw a few weak jabs here and there. It's like he had no gameplan whatsoever.
        I distinctly remember Margo shouting "you win daniel" after the ring doctor come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          That's my point. Tired or not, an elite fighter is not supposed to get hit by the same punches over and over again

No he didn't.

I didn't mention Sergio's chin once. It's not about the knockdown, it's about what he did after he got up. He ate right hands and left hooks and threw a few weak jabs here and there. It's like he had no gameplan whatsoever.
          I was talking to Phantomas, hence why I quoted him lol. He got hit a bunch in that round, but he survived. Martinez showed that he can recover well and doesn't have a faulty chin/punch resistance. That wasn't the first round that Chavez landed leather on him, it was the first time that he hurt him. Yes he got hit, but isn't that what happens when you're stunned/hurt? Sure, he could've handled the situation better, but it's possible that his knee injury didn't allow him to be more mobile, hence why he stood and traded. He absorbed it and survived the round with a banged-up hand and knee, can't ask for anything more.

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
            That fight in my opinion made both guys looked bad.

Going in, everyone knew Martinez was going to roll that kid. I don't think anybody gave Chavez a chance of even going 12. Martinez schooling him was nothing special since everybody expected it. But Chavez wasn't even a LITTLE competitive, so he ended up looking even worse than most people thought he was.

The fact that Martinez almost got KO'd by him is just flat out embarrassing.

I honestly think it was a blow to each guy's reputation. But this is boxing and fans are ******ed so each country probably considers their guy pound for pound number one after it.
            Many on here were saying that Chavez could win by decision (controversial) or KO. I thought Martinez would win by decision and later changed my prediction to TKO11. Chavez showed determination to be able to put Martinez down, and Sergio showed that he had toughness to survive the round. The 12th round didn't diminish their reputation.

Comment

Are you kidding me? Martinez had major injuries for the entire fight and still dominated Chavez. When hurt, Martinez showed the ability to recover and came back with power punches while hurt.

Ridiculous.

Chavez is a Cruiserweight fighting at middleweight. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
                Do you honestly believe his camp didn't have a game plan for him? Come on man...
                When dealing with freddie roach? Yes i believe he didn't have a gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
                  Who knows?, Martínez could come too drained and weak, or too big and strong for those guys... and of course too good for Canelo. Pirog and Golovkin are better fights, Martínez needs to risk something soon if he wants to become hof... I´m even thinking of Ward, Martínez was 176 pounds last fight so a match at 168 doesn´t sound crazy.
                  Martinez too big and strong for Canelo? Canelo rehydrates anywhere from 164-170. And I've read that Martinez weighed 167 unofficially, not 176. The size difference was quite apparent in the ring between Chavez and Martinez. If Sergio was 176, then wtf was Chavez?

Ward/Martinez has already been put to rest by both fighters, please don't bring it up.

Comment

I don´t think Martínez looked any smaller than Jr., a little shorter but his upper body, head and arms looked bigger. Anyway, canelo is not fighting him and neither Floyd most likely. Golovkin and Pirog are tougher challenges and better fights that Cotto and Canelo, he should give us that.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
                      I distinctly remember Margo shouting "you win daniel" after the ring doctor come in.
                      You said Santos dropped Margarito and made him quit. That stuff didn't happen.

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
                      I don´t think Martínez looked any smaller than Jr., a little shorter but his upper body, head and arms looked bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X