Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this Kamegai's chance to make an impression?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Kamegai's chance to make an impression?

He's coming back to the U.S in OCT and fighting under the Jorge Linares even. The article on the main page said it was his first televised event (was Munoz not televised).... so I wonder who he's going to fight?
    Anybody else excited?

The fight against Munoz was his chance to make an impression and I thought he did very well but that was a year ago hopefully he refined his game abit and will get to fight someone of note to make a bigger stamp.

His problem is Teiken doesn't really promote in the US so he's stuck in limbo aand nobody is going to Japan to fight him so unless he plans on staying in the US doesn't really matter bcse there isn't alot of fights unlike the lighter weight classes where there are alot of asian possibilities that isn't the same in the heavier weight classes except Europe/US

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Anybody else excited?
      I'll be honest... NO. His record of opposition is hardly stellar. If they step it up then I'll be interested but for a man about to turn 30 still fighting the guys he's fought in his last six bouts.... well, it doesn't bode well, does it.

Put him in against Wale Omotoso. Combined they're 43 (37) - 0. War!!!

Then I'll get excited about him.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        I'll be honest... NO. His record of opposition is hardly stellar. If they step it up then I'll be interested but for a man about to turn 30 still fighting the guys he's fought in his last six bouts.... well, it doesn't bode well, does it.

Put him in against Wale Omotoso. Combined they're 43 (37) - 0. War!!!

Then I'll get excited about him.
        I'm more excited about the idea of him... because when I first heard about him, he was going to face off against Soto Karass last year, but instead fought Munoz.
        I know I've been living off that expectation since then and his record isn't that impressive, but I'm still living in the hope that he'll fight a decent opponent and the U.S exposure will do something good for him.

Comment

He needs better opposition.

Comment

Kamegai is in a division where ll the action is in the us he's ranked #7 by WBC. From what I've been seeing from him he is missing things if he had fought soto karasas last year (but soto pulled out) I believe he would have beat him. What if he fought jesse vargas who would win? I find vargas to be a boring fighter.

Comment

cahgtehnfgbrs

Comment

shgrhbxgnjfsbvv

Comment

vdfhthfgjsfhgf

Comment

gaerhdfsbdfv

Comment

Working...
                    X