No announcement yet.

Whats the deal with Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the deal with Rigondeaux?

He is 30 years old with 8 pro fights and his last fight was in March. I haven't seen too many of his fight but its my impression he hasn't been in any wars. I would think at his age he would want to stay busy. I've read that he is supposed to be one of the greatest amateur boxers. There are some good fights out there for him at 122, yet there not happening. What do you guys think?

some legal problems right now, he was supposed to be a mandatory fight but he's getting screwed over so they are battling in court.

big waste of time. He should just fight. anyone.

Comment

he should fight the true holder of the WBA belt .

Comment

when u have like 8 pro fights n ur as dangerous as guillermo is-- no high-profile fighter wants 2 risk losing 2 u so its hard 2 get fights.

like y wud JML (4 example) fight guillermo? like roger said if it don't make $ it don't make sense.

Comment

meh, im not too hot on rigo right now

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
            when u have like 8 pro fights n ur as dangerous as guillermo is-- no high-profile fighter wants 2 risk losing 2 u so its hard 2 get fights.

like y wud JML (4 example) fight guillermo? like roger said if it don't make $ it don't make sense.
            very true, he's high risk low reward to the top guys. nevertheless he should stay active. i thought he had the WBA interm belt so he should be the WBA belt holders mandatory, right?

Comment

Thats what happens when you spend your time winning gold medals and fighting 400 amateur fights.

Let's hope his legal problems clear soon, he doesn't need to build his record, he just wants and needs to fight the best.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                very true, he's high risk low reward to the top guys. nevertheless he should stay active. i thought he had the WBA interm belt so he should be the WBA belt holders mandatory, right?
                he's supposed too and I believe that's what they've been fighting about.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the WBA. Shimoda is the champion, but he is fighting Ramos on HBO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Poonsawat gets a shot at the winner before Rigondeaux, TBH.

Comment

Working...
                  X