Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Everybody Wants To Sabotage Our Canelo Relationship

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do think Oscar is on thin ice.
    Him reportedly verbally giving Hearn assurances he could get Canelo to commit to a third GGG deal so he could get his side deal for GBP was a big mistake.
    Hopefully their on the same page now for his sake be Canelo doesn’t really need Golden Boy.

Comment

Why does Canelo even need dlh as his promoter? He has his own promotional company, he has a deal with deadzone......these fighters have got to start making their own deals with their own companies. The era of the promoter getting access to too much of a fighters money needs to go....the fighters should be in control of their finances.

Comment

The problem with Golden Boy's relationship with Canelo has less to do meddling by outside promoters and much more to do with the actions of Oscar and his lieutenants. These stumblebums do not need outsiders to screw things up, they have managed to that themselves. Oscar and his brain dead crew keep on talking and talking on social medial. They should take Will Rogers' advice when he said, "When you find yourself in a hole quit digging."

Comment

It’s a shame about what’s happening. Richard Schaefer kept that company together. Of course De La Hoya screwed that up. At that time I thought Schaefer was the problem when they had their falling out, but it’s been De La Hoya that’s been the problem all along. None of this would have went down like this if Schaefer was still there.

Comment

Man. Reading through these comments it’s surprising to me that none of these posters are advisers or have their own promotional company. Seems like they know more about the business than one of the biggest if not the biggest boxing promotional company out there.

Comment

Kovalev is promoted by Kathy Duva, but she has now become essentially a sham promoter for Bob Arum.

I could easily see Arum making negotiations difficult and driving up Kovalev's asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
                Man. Reading through these comments it’s surprising to me that none of these posters are advisers or have their own promotional company. Seems like they know more about the business than one of the biggest if not the biggest boxing promotional company out there.
                Exactly what I was thinking,.... 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
                  Sounds like some cocaine induced paranoia.
                  This right here!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Senor_frogs View Post
                    No one posting here is pretending to know more about the boxing business than Oscar. People are reacting to his actions and the actions of his colleagues which are not stellar by any stretch of the imagination. You don't need to know more than your doctor about medicine or your senator about politics, but you can sure know when they screw up. And it happens more often than you think. At one time, the CEO's of the biggest financial institutions were hailed as rainmakers for buying and selling mortgage-backed securities and making heaps of money. But even without knowing what a CDO or Tranche is the average Joe knew that these so called financial wizards screwed up in 2008 when they caused the big recession.

Comment

Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
                      Sounds like some cocaine induced paranoia.
                      Hahahahahaha too right bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X