No announcement yet.

Tyson's Heart

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson's Heart

What do you guys think about this, did he have a lot of heart in the ring? I'm talking about when he got down and got up again.

I think he had tremendous heart. When Douglas knocked him out, he was trying to get the mouth piece from the floor because he knew the ref would stop the fight there and made his way up slowly with his mouth piece the wrong way. I thought that was amazing.

I think he had good heart.

It's a shame the way his career ended up going around the end. I think he could've amounted to so much more if he didn't get rid of Kevin Rooney.

Comment

Ironically he probably proved himself more a champion and warrior in his defeats than his victories.

Comment

He had some heart and mostly pride that kept him on his feet until the end but I wouldn't say that he was the type to be knocked down several times in the early rounds only to come back to knock out his opponent in the later rounds.

Tyson did take a beating from Buster Douglas though, and for a moment it seemed he could pull it off with the uppercut he landed. Douglas just had too much determination to stay down that night when he would have at any other point in his career.

Tyson-Holyfield II was more pure rage than cowardice in my view, but he didn't like getting roughed up.

Comment

Didn't Atlas have some interesting quotes about his heart?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Freddi View Post
            I think he had tremendous heart. When Douglas knocked him out, he was trying to get the mouth piece from the floor because he knew the ref would stop the fight there and made his way up slowly with his mouth piece the wrong way. I thought that was amazing.
            Same, awesome display of heart. IMO

Comment

I'd be inclined to say he had the heart of a lion... It was his physical & mental coditioning that let him down in the end..

Comment

I think he had good heart.

Something that has underestimate Tysons heart is his chin. He wasnt the type of fighter that would get knocked down constanly in fights to get back up, if u knock Tyson down its usually after rounds of punishment. Lewis famously said he couldnt believe some of the shots Tyson was taking. He had heart, not the best of the best hearts but he was not a coward.

Comment

All i know is in the Holyfield fight he virtually gave up after that round where he went back to his corner complaining to Halpern, watch the fight from that point on look how much is coming back from Tyson, he virtually conceded defeat in that round right there.

To me heart is sucking it up and firing back, not accepting your fate and going into a shell, ala Judah, Tyson.

Comment

he has a great heart, you can also see it in the respect he gave his opponents and he reallly fought with heart, just great

Comment

Working...
                    X