No announcement yet.

Mayweather the promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather the promoter

Last night was a great night for Mayweather Promotions. But Floyd still needs to find that great fighter to keep his company moving forward over the next 5 to 10 years. If Floyd wouldve been able to sign Dirrell and Gamboa last year he would really be ahead of the game. JLeon Love is a nice piece but can he be that fighter?

The great thing moving forward is Floyds relationship with Showtime. That gives Floyd the creditablity to sign any viable free agent out there. Floyd is already an icon in boxing and now he has one of the biggest boxing networks backing him up. I also like the energy Floyd brings to boxing as a promoter. Theres always always excitement when The Money Teams in your city. That is also good for the sport. How many times can we watch Bob Arum standing over a podium drolling over a microphone? I guess all im saying is its nice to have boxing people making boxing decisions. I hope this is the future of the sport.

Short bull is on P.E.D.S

Money may is doing great

Comment

Originally posted by wash View Post
      Short bull is on P.E.D.S

Money may is doing great
      Hes still a very talented and skilled fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by wash View Post
        Short bull is on P.E.D.S

Money may is doing great
        If Shortboa was with Floyd instead of 50 than this would be a PED scandel. Thats the difference between Floyd and 50. I feel sorry for Dirrell though. Its gotta be tough on those guys to see Floyd making such powerful moves and there stuck with 50.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
          Last night was a great night for Mayweather Promotions. But Floyd still needs to find that great fighter to keep his company moving forward over the next 5 to 10 years. If Floyd wouldve been able to sign Dirrell and Gamboa last year he would really be ahead of the game. JLeon Love is a nice piece but can he be that fighter?

The great thing moving forward is Floyds relationship with Showtime. That gives Floyd the creditablity to sign any viable free agent out there. Floyd is already an icon in boxing and now he has one of the biggest boxing networks backing him up. I also like the energy Floyd brings to boxing as a promoter. Theres always always excitement when The Money Teams in your city. That is also good for the sport. How many times can we watch Bob Arum standing over a podium drolling over a microphone? I guess all im saying is its nice to have boxing people making boxing decisions. I hope this is the future of the sport.

I know this is off topic but your avatar got me dying over here

Comment

The night was initially a goldenboy card right?

I wonder what the ratings did with such boring fights.

Im curious to what floyds promotion did ratings wise.

Comment

Jessie Vargas has got to be the stupidest fighter of all time. This guy was getting great fights and prime positions on Floyd's undercards, and out of nowhere he makes the inexplicable move to Top Rank. I doubt it was for the money, as he is an afterthought for Arum, and is struggling to find decent opponents and television exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                If Shortboa was with Floyd instead of 50 than this would be a PED scandel. Thats the difference between Floyd and 50. I feel sorry for Dirrell though. Its gotta be tough on those guys to see Floyd making such powerful moves and there stuck with 50.

GGGGU-not.

Damn i feel bad for Dirrel,he fought on some undercard last week or 2 and hardly anybody knew about it.And 50 is still butt hurt about Floyd turning down the offer to start a promotional company with him so 50 in every interview he does he`s saying something negative about Floyd then he says him and Floyd are still friends to make his B.S about Floyd sound believable

Comment

Originally posted by ItsTrue View Post
                  The night was initially a goldenboy card right?

I wonder what the ratings did with such boring fights.

Im curious to what floyds promotion did ratings wise.

It was a Goldenboy and Mayweather promotions card but mainly a Mayweather promotions card.

Comment

Working...
                  X