Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua's Promoter Says Wilder 'Probably' Next, Rejects HBO Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
    What rematch? The guy fights on free to air because no one pays to watch him fight. What makes him think he can dictate the purse split when he doesn't have anyone paying to watch him fight?
    When did Showtime become "free to air" in the U.S.?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
      What rematch?
      The one that would take place if Wilder won.

What makes him think he can dictate the purse split when he doesn't have anyone paying to watch him fight?
      Look the reality is Wilder said it & Hearn agreed to it so as long as Joshua signs off on it it sounds like its all good & a non-issue. Don't matter "what makes him think he can dictate the purse split". He did. Hearn agreed. As long as Joshua agrees its a done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Boxing so goddamn f#cked up boxing fans even acting like businessmen now.

Wtf you sh^tting me bro???????? "Please no I don't wanna see that big fight between the top 2 guys at HW right now....make me wait longer".

F#ck this marination EVERY damn THING strategy. Give me the fights maaaaaan. I'm gonna die one f#cking day.
        hahahaha very well put

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
          but Hearn don't want this fight.
          I don't buy this. I think Hearn knows the realities of this business & he's studied the business. You don't get where Joshua could potentially go by not fighting the fights. None of us are gonna live forever. You gotta take the fights when they come. You can't wait on tomorrow. And everything in the boxing universe is saying this fight is next or 1 fight away (after Parker).

I think Wilder helped that along by beating Ortiz who most considered a top 5 guy (before the fight, now he's a bum to many of them, but so goes boxing lol), in a very entertaining fight. That puts the heat on this fight.

So go ahead & fight the bs fights, but Joshua doesn't reach his max level of popularity & become a potential face known by people across borders like Tyson & Ali did if you do.

I think the only thing that f#cks up this fight being next or 1 fight away is Parker winning on the 31st or injuries.

Comment

Yes we want it next, make it happen Eddie!

Comment

Very reassuring! I know if HBO snags Joshua, the fight will NOT happen in 2018! Might as well do the Wilder fight on Showtime, since they're building their brand on that network. After the Wilder fight, AJ can go anywhere he wants!

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                but I enjoy the hype and the build up too damn much.
                But that only really gets fun when the fight is signed. I can't get excited when its Joshua vs Big Baby & Wilder vs Breazeale & maybe the winners fight after...maybe.

I also want to see this fight be an epic event among casual sports fans
                I'd argue its already that along with the Parker fight to UK fans. Joshua gots 90k mfers attending his fights. And I'd argue Wilder CAN'T make it that in the US unless we stretch this fight out 2 or 3 years til he's 34, 35 or some sh^t. And I don't really trust Wilder winning his next fight, even if its NOT Joshua, cuz his style is so nuts & he's not the most unboxable guy. So then you ruin some of the appeal this fight has right now if Wilder has to re-earn the fight, but now he's 43-1 (41KO's) or something like that with that one upset loss to Breazeale although now he decisioned him in a rematch & is ready for Joshua again.

I mean how do you even propose Wilder get bigger to make this fight a casual fan big fight? Fight Breazeale, Whyte & Kownacki? You think those W's would get the casual fans on his back? You think anyone is gonna start promoting Wilder on the level Joshua has been promoted?

If this fight has casual fan appeal in the US it'll be off the strength of a fun first fight that warrants a rematch either because it was such a barn burner or cuz Wilder won.

Comment

Wilders team already said they arent holding on to the 50/50 demand, so Hearn is gonna see how low they will go (ie 45/55), and in negotiation, this happens when you see one side is willing to bend, how much? will they keep bending to make this fight? So I see hearn matching joshua with fury (which is a very winnable and profitable stadium fight), which will get it down to 60/40 and "cross the pond". ITS PRIZE FIGHTING

Comment

Stop talking about HBO, u ****ing hbo fanboys are so hurt that hbo isn’t the lead boxing provider anymore y’all propping hbo to come back, they’re world championship boxing program is dead, they have to resort to little men fighting and call it super fly

Wilder and AJ will fight, hopefully on U.K. ppv, cbs for America, and then rematch American ppv in the states

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Eddie Hearn, head promoter for IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs), says a unification with WBC champion Deontay Wilder is "probably" going to be his boxer's next fight. Joshua will first have to overcome a very tough challenge when he faces WBO world champion Joseph Parker in a unification on March 31 at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      This is the best news I've read in a while. It felt like Hearn was positioning Joshua to move to HBO. I was hoping that wouldn't happen because it would delay this fight. I understood because AJ has the right to get as much $$$$ as he can.

I really hope this fight is next. With Canelo testing positive for clen and the fact he got blown out by Floyd and many thought he lost to GGG, the "face of the sport" position is open.

AJ or Wilder wins in spectacular fashion and not only will the HWT division be back but we will have a new face of the sport.

Wilder IMO should take 65/35 or 60/40 split and go to Wembley this summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X