Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rock: "Rugby is tougher than American Football"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie rules is tougher than both as you can get hit from any direction (eg my sig)

In rugby you always see it coming .

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Rugby players are a joke compared to the massive size, speed and strength of NFL players, even a lot of the college players are much bigger and stronger than rugby players. "B-b-b-but rugby players can run longer!!!111" lol.

NFL players don't hold back when they hit each other, they launch themselves at full force thanks to the pads.

Good luck taking a hit from a 6'7 290lb defensive end like Julius Peppers with blazing speed and amazing strength. And no he's not fat, he's got just 6% body fat and is considered a finesse player.

I do like both sports but saying american football players are bigger and stronger is a tall tale indeed.

Jonah Lomu - new zealand all blacks. rugby union player.

vital stats.

Height 1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)
      Weight 125 kg (276 lb; 19 st 10 lb)
      Pure muscle
      100m in 10.8 seconds as a schoolboy

basically this guy will stomp any american football player in stamina and most in speed. there might be a faster american football player but i doubt it.

btw there are plenty of 6'7 guys in rugby union. There are more players that play rugby worldwide so there should be bigger and taller guys on average in the sport in my opinion.

For the layman, american football is like a man who has premature ejaculation...the plays are short and finish quickly and there are long breaks inbetween.

Rugby is a man who is like a ****star. able to go on for 80 minutes (2 halves)
      Last edited by Xercen; 11-26-2012, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Those helmets become battering rams

Players get concussions in every game and theres always injury timeouts

The NFL is trying to make the game safer because ex-players are suing them for brain damage

I've seen very little rugby but to me playing a WR going across the middle in coverage with a LB or S running at you full speed and launching his helmet at your head is way tougher than rugby

LOL at 0.19 miles.
        Last edited by Jam Jars; 11-26-2012, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Those helmets become battering rams

Players get concussions in every game and theres always injury timeouts

The NFL is trying to make the game safer because ex-players are suing them for brain damage

I've seen very little rugby but to me playing a WR going across the middle in coverage with a LB or S running at you full speed and launching his helmet at your head is way tougher than rugby
          And again, no pads.....

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post

LOL at 0.19 miles.

There is no comparison. They measure the amount of force by "G's"

Thats how they measure airplanes and rockets

Comment

There is no comparison. They measure the amount of force by "G's"

Thats how they measure airplanes and rockets
              G's don't take into account the padding. Hit a wall at 35 mile an hour in a car or 30 on a motorcycle, the car crash would have more g's but you'd be hurt more in the motorcycle crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                And again, no pads.....

That was a brutal vid, no doubt about it

But the helmets and pads actually do more harm as weird as that sounds

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamn...tball-helmets/

The NFL way back in the day had a helmet made of leather and cushion pads and people back then had other jobs and retired with no real physical damage to their bodies

Today is much different. If you watch the sport science vid I posted it said that getting a helmet to helmet hit from someone going full speed has the same amount of force as getting hit in the head by a sledgehammer

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk.. View Post
                  You're fatter than him and you could barely get up off the couch much less engage in competitive sports.

Comment

American football team saying Rugby is tougher and made them play better.

Comment

Rugby is certainly a more physically demanding sport.I don't deny that many of these foozball players are explosive athletes and really strong guys,but it's a start-stop game with many,many intervals and plenty of rest periods involved.I can't imagine many of these great big bastards being able to keep up with the pace of a top level rugby game.

Comment

Working...
                      X