Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Clear Some Myths and Nonsense........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Great post. I completely agree with all points apart from #4, it wasn’t a blatant quit like a “no mas” but AJ clearly wanted out, as you said turning his back on the referee and also making little attempt to suggest he wanted to continue. He was done and he knew it.
    I definitely agree that he was finished. But to me he was completely exhausted and dazed (concussed). So naturally he had some funny reactions but I think he would have continued on if the ref let him and would have given it a go. This was no Victor Ortiz type of moment, let's put it this way. But maybe it would have been better if his corner would have just thrown in the towel lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      1. Ruiz did not get this fight because Wilder turned it down. It didn't come from the back of Wilder. Everyone keeps saying Wilder should have just taken the $100 million deal from DAZN and he could have been the one to stop Joshua. WRONG! Even if Wilder took the DAZN deal, his first fight was going to be against Breazeale and Joshua was going to fight Miller. Of course Miller failed his drug tests so Ruiz stepped in. So no, this result didn't happen because Wilder turned down that deal. It was going to happen regardless.

2. Some how this Ruiz win is an unofficial win for Wilder. Really? i mean could he have stopped Joshua and will he stop him if/when they fight? Sure, but Joshua could very easily hurt and stop Wilder as well. Ruiz has a super legit chin and was able to eat Joshua's best shots and return with his own fire. No guarantee Wilder is able to do the same. Only ONE person deserves credit for the win and that is Ruiz.

3. I only saw one person state this, or maybe it could have been a few others, but it was said that this was a terrible stoppage? Absolutely not. Joshua was completely finished and dazed. He spit out his mouthpiece and then turned his back to Ruiz/ref. You can't be doing that especially after the 4th time you have been dropped. Joshua was spent mentally and physically. His gas tank was on empty and he was on shaky legs. The ref saved a potential terrible moment for Joshua by stopping it when he did.

4. This one kind of goes back to #3, but obviously there are a lot of people saying Joshua quit. I didn't see that at all. I saw a man that was finished and had nothing left. He wasn't steady and had no more energy to give. If he wanted to quit, he could have just stayed down after the last KD but he kept getting up. And when the ref asked him if he was okay, he told him yes. Joshua has been rocked numerous times in his career and has responded. This was no quit job, just a man that got his sh^t pushed in and was dazed and out of it.

5. Joshua vs Wilder is dead and there goes 100M down the drain!!! There was a bunch of that said for Mayweather vs Pacquiao after the Marquez KO, but how did that end up working out? The potential fight could be dead if both fighters don't handle their business next but if they win their next two fights, it's back being this huge mega showdown. If Joshua beats Ruiz in a rematch and then beats say Whyte or Pulev and Wilder beats Ortiz and Fury, you can't tell me there wouldn't be MAJOR demand for this fight.

6. Boxing lost out in a major way with Joshua's loss. Ha! That's laughable. Initial reaction is the Joshua vs Wilder fight is done, but in reality maybe those two were never really the top dogs in the first place. Yesterday's main event was awesome for boxing and had the whole world talking. The top five trends on twitter in the states were Joshua, Ruiz, Wilder, Fury and JoshuaRuiz for a good bit after the fight. Ruiz won over a lot of fans and now Joshua gets his chance at redemption for the rematch. If he comes back and shows his championship mettle? Then that only adds to his legacy.
      Super legit thread.

I would add that Joshua deserves credit for taking on so many super legit fighters who many other were ducking

Comment

I'm just posting on here to bump this because no more needs to be said. People acting like this is some sort of win for wilder are jokers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
          Super legit thread.

I would add that Joshua deserves credit for taking on so many super legit fighters who many other were ducking
          I made my feelings known about how I thought Hearn and Joshua's side acted during negotiations a year ago, but their latest multi-fight offer was completely fair.

But Joshua is willing to take on anyone. One thing going in his favor is that he is the cash cow and can get whatever fight he wants opposed to other HWs.

Comment

I definitely agree that he was finished. But to me he was completely exhausted and dazed (concussed). So naturally he had some funny reactions but I think he would have continued on if the ref let him and would have given it a go. This was no Victor Ortiz type of moment, let's put it this way. But maybe it would have been better if his corner would have just thrown in the towel lol.
            After rewatching it, I noticed that after the first three knockdowns he put his gloves up in order to demonstrate to the referee he wanted to continue, on the fourth KD he never which along with turning his back at the count of eight was a telltale sign IMO. I’m possibly over-analysing but AJ’s body language looked like he wanted out.

Credit to Ruiz anyway, he beat the fight out of him regardless. I didn’t give him a shot tbh, I thought AJ inside 4

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              After rewatching it, I noticed that after the first three knockdowns he put his gloves up in order to demonstrate to the referee he wanted to continue, on the fourth KD he never which along with turning his back at the count of eight was a telltale sign IMO. I’m possibly over-analysing but AJ’s body language looked like he wanted out.

Credit to Ruiz anyway, he beat the fight out of him regardless. I didn’t give him a shot tbh, I thought AJ inside 4
              I just think he was completely done at that point. Not an exact comparison, but kind of similar to Brook against Spence. Curious, did you think Brook quit that fight or he was done and made the right call? One difference with Joshua was he had nothing in the gas tank left. He was exhausted and could barely stand up.

And yeah, Ruiz is the guy that deserves all the credit. He got the job done properly and straight beat the fight out of Joshua. So impressive when they traded hooks in the 7th round and how he was able to instantly return fire and hurt Joshua. Point blank, Joshua has more physical advantages, but Ruiz has real fighting instincts and is much more relaxed in the ring. That actually allows him to take punches better opposed to Joshua who is more stiff.

Comment

1. Ruiz did not get this fight because Wilder turned it down. It didn't come from the back of Wilder. Everyone keeps saying Wilder should have just taken the $100 million deal from DAZN and he could have been the one to stop Joshua. WRONG! Even if Wilder took the DAZN deal, his first fight was going to be against Breazeale and Joshua was going to fight Miller. Of course Miller failed his drug tests so Ruiz stepped in. So no, this result didn't happen because Wilder turned down that deal. It was going to happen regardless.

2. Some how this Ruiz win is an unofficial win for Wilder. Really? i mean could he have stopped Joshua and will he stop him if/when they fight? Sure, but Joshua could very easily hurt and stop Wilder as well. Ruiz has a super legit chin and was able to eat Joshua's best shots and return with his own fire. No guarantee Wilder is able to do the same. Only ONE person deserves credit for the win and that is Ruiz.

3. I only saw one person state this, or maybe it could have been a few others, but it was said that this was a terrible stoppage? Absolutely not. Joshua was completely finished and dazed. He spit out his mouthpiece and then turned his back to Ruiz/ref. You can't be doing that especially after the 4th time you have been dropped. Joshua was spent mentally and physically. His gas tank was on empty and he was on shaky legs. The ref saved a potential terrible moment for Joshua by stopping it when he did.

4. This one kind of goes back to #3, but obviously there are a lot of people saying Joshua quit. I didn't see that at all. I saw a man that was finished and had nothing left. He wasn't steady and had no more energy to give. If he wanted to quit, he could have just stayed down after the last KD but he kept getting up. And when the ref asked him if he was okay, he told him yes. Joshua has been rocked numerous times in his career and has responded. This was no quit job, just a man that got his sh^t pushed in and was dazed and out of it.

5. Joshua vs Wilder is dead and there goes 100M down the drain!!! There was a bunch of that said for Mayweather vs Pacquiao after the Marquez KO, but how did that end up working out? The potential fight could be dead if both fighters don't handle their business next but if they win their next two fights, it's back being this huge mega showdown. If Joshua beats Ruiz in a rematch and then beats say Whyte or Pulev and Wilder beats Ortiz and Fury, you can't tell me there wouldn't be MAJOR demand for this fight.

6. Boxing lost out in a major way with Joshua's loss. Ha! That's laughable. Initial reaction is the Joshua vs Wilder fight is done, but in reality maybe those two were never really the top dogs in the first place. Yesterday's main event was awesome for boxing and had the whole world talking. The top five trends on twitter in the states were Joshua, Ruiz, Wilder, Fury and JoshuaRuiz for a good bit after the fight. Ruiz won over a lot of fans and now Joshua gets his chance at redemption for the rematch. If he comes back and shows his championship mettle? Then that only adds to his legacy.
                I must say I agree with you. Lewis, Vlad, Prime Foreman, Vernon, Mosley, Manny, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Duran, and many other great lost but came back even better. With Joshua's work rate I can see him doing the same. This is boxing and anything can happen.

I do not see how this a win for Wilder. Styles do make fights and Joshua is still a much better overall fighter than Wilder but Wilder has the Power to stop AJ.

When it comes to the demand it all comes down to what they do in the next two years. I don't see Wilder getting better but I do see Aj making some adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
                  I agree with mostly everything you said the only thing i dont agree with is the fact that you said Joshua would have had a chance at ko ing Wilder.
                  Wilder has proven his chin is on the lvl of Ruiz and I truly belive Deontay Wilder would have Lewis Rahman 2 Joshua flat on his back last night
                  Styles make fights. Let's not forget how Vernon beat Mosley but lost to Mayorga who beat Vernon twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                    Styles make fights. Let's not forget how Vernon beat Mosley but lost to Mayorga who beat Vernon twice.
                    this is true, but Mayorga lost the 2nd fight easily though. At one point, he was allowing Forrest to hit him(what we call "scoring punches") and was winning rounds. 2nd fight was a robbery and I hated Forrest's jab/grab/headbutt style. Then Mayorga was robbed against Spinks.

Comment

The Joshua that fought Ruiz last night was not a better fighter than Wilder. He looked tenative. Tried to jab from the hip. Carried his left way too low and generally looked lethargic. Wilder would have slaughtered that version of Joshua.

Comment

Working...
                      X