Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kameda To Rey Vargas: You Are a Proud Mexican? Fight Like One!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kameda To Rey Vargas: You Are a Proud Mexican? Fight Like One!

Tomoki Kameda adapted quickly to Mexican culture in and out of the ring that he's spent nearly half of his life known as El Mexicanito. The literal translation is the The Little Mexican', though there isn't anything small about Kameda's accomplishments throughout his boxing lifetime, pro or amateur. The youngest of Japan's most notable fighting family, he looks to join older brothers Koki and Daiki as multi-division titlists in the pro ranks as he challenges unbeaten 122-pound titlist Rey Vargas this Saturday live on DAZN from Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif.
    [Click Here To Read More]

good fight
    they know each other pretty well
    vargas has the advantage, but kameda is also clever and says vargas has holes in his game to exploit

at the end of the day, think it will come down to dec
    based on vargas' volume or kameda's effectiveness

Comment

Kameda is a good well-rounded fighter. Shoulda got both decisions against McDonnell. Hope he pulls off the upset & hopefully make a name for himself. He speaks better Spanish than most Spanish peeps.

Comment

Man can’t waite for this one Vargas and Kameda are both no joke.

Comment

DAZN will be promoting more Japan vs Mexico wars to come!!

May 1942, Mexico declared war on the Axis Powers, which included Japan. They in this thang mayne!

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
            Kameda is a good well-rounded fighter. Shoulda got both decisions against McDonnell. Hope he pulls off the upset & hopefully make a name for himself. He speaks better Spanish than most Spanish peeps.
            He's like me he likes hanging around Hispanic people more than his own. Very marketable fella.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
              He's like me he likes hanging around Hispanic people more than his own. Very marketable fella.
              VERY marketable being Japanese in the Mexican market. Both ethnicities have very passionate fanbases for their guys & even though he seems more of a Mexican that looks Japanese, if he pulls this one off he might be able to boost himself into being a solid attraction repping both countries. Has a lot to gain but Vargas is a huge obstacle in the way of that. Should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
                VERY marketable being Japanese in the Mexican market. Both ethnicities have very passionate fanbases for their guys & even though he seems more of a Mexican that looks Japanese, if he pulls this one off he might be able to boost himself into being a solid attraction repping both countries. Has a lot to gain but Vargas is a huge obstacle in the way of that. Should be a good one.
                I think Vargas has quite a questionable record so I'd like to see how he fares against Kameda, it'd be a true test to see if he's up there with Navarrete and Roman or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
                  I think Vargas has quite a questionable record so I'd like to see how he fares against Kameda, it'd be a true test to see if he's up there with Navarrete and Roman or not.
                  Out of the three Kameda brothers, Koki is the most polished one, like you guys mentioned This kid is well rounded and has high IQ. in my opinion he should've had that bout vs McDonell he got screwed in the UK...... nothing new if you do not KO their local fighters you'll most likely lost.

Comment

Vargas by split decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X