Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think MMA just needs much more time to develop?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think MMA just needs much more time to develop?

I actually like the sport but wow if Brock and Carwin are among the best HWs in the world it really speaks to the lack of talent currently in the sport at least at HW, I know we have guys like Silva and bones Jones.

I guess it just needs to be in existence longer for the talent pool to grow but alot of these guys now aren't every experienced and being billed as the world's best MMA fighters.

I can't think of many fighters in MMA I would consider well rounded elite fighters and athletes like I can in boxing. Maybe in about 50 years the talent pool will be much bigger and MMA will have a Floyd or Pac of their sport while now it seems so amateurish in comparison to boxing, agree disagree?

I agree that there is an extremely lack of talent because there is no money and I never see it reaching anywhere near boxing's level. Their fighters make dog **** money because they fight like dog ****.

Comment

Anderson Silva

Comment

Just wait for Cain Velásquez and Junior Dos Santos. They are the best Heavyweights in the UFC. I think Cain will take the title off Lesnar and Dos Santos will take the belt off him.

I like the Heavyweight division, it's exciting. I think the complete opposite though, this is the best the division has ever looked with Lesnar, Carwin, Cain, Dos Santos, Mir, Big Nog and you name others who are decent like Kongo, Gonzaga, Pat Berry, Gilbert Yvel, Ben Rothwell. None of them are well rounded though. They all have one weakness that could be exploited by another heavyweight. So their isn't an Anderson Silva, GSP, or Shogun like fighter.

Like Lesnar's a bad match up still for Carwin, Cain's a good match up for Lesnar because his striking's almost as good as his wrestling and I think he will over whelm Brock is a good fight. I think Dos Santos sick powerful boxing puts Cain & Carwin to sleep but Cain & Lesnar's wrestling could get him too. I like it though, it's exciting. It's like the complete opposite of boxing. First we were like current heavyweights all ****ty when Sylvia, Arlosvki & Randy were champs. Now were in like the boxing 60's were we got all these exciting huge match up's to be made, it's only going to get better and better now!

Comment

Problem is that in MMA the HW division goes from 206 to 265.

Around 2 years agoo a lot of giant freaks started exploiting that gap.

so you have big wrestlers like Carwin and Lesnar who fights at 285(min) and they use their power and strength to overpower their opponents...

Edit: yes, so it end up being power vs. technique. They aren't as skilled as the 220-230 HWs but they are too big. Sooner rather than later the AC's will have to fix this problem.

PS: you don't think these guys are real athletes? LOL

Check out Lesnar stats when he went the NFL draft.

Brock Lesnar (at 6'4'', 296lbs)
          40 Yard Dash: 4.65 seconds
          Vertical Jump: 35 inches
          Broad Jump: 10 foot
          Bench Press: 43 reps of 225lbs
          His wrestling record is 106-5

But if you don't think he isn't a real athlete, then... Whatever floats your boat.
          Last edited by PopoFreitas; 07-04-2010, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X