Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Guys Help Me Out!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Atheleticism' applies to most sports. It is the breadwinner in most sports.

Not in boxing. I'm not gonna say that athleticism doesn't help - obviously it does, but boxing, and combat sports, require a very different skillset than basketball or american football or soccer.

the greatest athletes aren't always the best boxers. Samuel Peter - okay, he's not champ, but he's pretty damn succesful as a heavyweight. He's not athletic in any sense of the word.

James toney. Speaks for himself.

Reason is, power has very little to do with athletic ability. Chin has very little to do with athletic ability. Heart has very little to do with athletic ability.

Whereas in most sports, athleticism will carry you all the way, in boxing, i'd say it makes up about 40% of 'boxing' ability, with the other 60% being things like power, chin, heart, ring smarts, etc.

So if you lack the above, u might only be 40% as succesful as you were with your other sports.

Get in the gym - it's a great experience regardless of whether or not your good.

Comment

Working...
    X