No announcement yet.

Floyd's new demeanour...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd's new demeanour...

Anyone noticed how Floyd is conducting himself in the Cotto pressers? Not bad mouthing his opponent, if anything talking him up, being more respectful and humble, even talking in a more measured and mature way.

Is Floyd finally ready to shed the Money persona?

His persona has nothing to do with it. He knows people are annoyed by the fact Manny and Floyd still aren't facing eachother. He wants to avoid that people think he's ducking and choosing opponents everybody knows he would beat. He's doing everything he can to make people think that he's picked a good opponent. So it's just strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
      Anyone noticed how Floyd is conducting himself in the Cotto pressers? Not bad mouthing his opponent, if anything talking him up, being more respectful and humble, even talking in a more measured and mature way.

Is Floyd finally ready to shed the Money persona?
      if cotto gets outta line or says some slick ish, expect the "super villian money" mayweather to appear. floyd is trying to break records with this fight and the build up has to be crazy for that to happen.

Comment

Meh, I just think he's doing that because of the public perception of him

Comment

I also think it has to do with Cotto's personality. For some reason I think Floyd is a bit flustered by the void that is Cotto. His response is emulation, though not necessarily voluntary.

Comment

Shane explained this behavior of Floyd's on their 24/7

Comment

He's fighting a man that most people in the sport respect, so I expected a respectful Floyd.

If anything, the crazy stuff will be on 24/7, but I don't expect much of it.

Comment

Yea I think he's only doing it for the Courts. Even though I do actually believe that he respects Cotto. Floyd beat a woman, so im pretty sure he's not trying to play the overly aggressive person on TV cause that would just give the courts more reason to lock him.

Comment

He getting older. He did it in the Ortiz fight until Ortiz started barking.

I still expect the brass **** for 24/7

Comment

It's nothing new,he's been like this since the Marquez fight.

He will get more aggressive as the fight draws closer.

Comment

Working...
                    X