Collapse
No announcement yet.

New sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing you fight at cruiser or heavy weight.

You box well, but sometimes it looks like you just sort of stand there and pass time, you know?

Good stuff, though.

Comment

Originally posted by "Shion" View Post
      I'm guessing you fight at cruiser or heavy weight.

You box well, but sometimes it looks like you just sort of stand there and pass time, you know?

Good stuff, though.
      yeah sometimes i get bored with green guys because i get yelled at when i go hard on them lol. im do my best to get footage of when i spar other pros and top amateurs.

no my debut is going to be at 175 i believe but im going to campaign at 168. amateur i was 178 and like 3 fights fought 201 but i was comming in under 185 on short notice.

those sparring im right now about 183

Comment

You need to shorten your head movement and make the moves crisp and sharp if you want to play with the pros. If you play that game with a taller opponent, that being of having slow and long motioned head movement, a guy with a good jab will be touching you all day. I know that you know that if you can touch a guy with your jab then you can certainly drop the right hand behind it when the proper time arrives. Fast, crisp and short movements..... it's key. When you saw Mike Tyson from back in the day doing his slipping routine while shadowboxing he did everything fast. The distance that he is slipping I believe to be exagerrated for the camera. You dont need to move your head as long/much as he displayed. But learn to move the head as well as the torso, it will help.

Against that tall guy you would get into range, move your head this way and that for seconds at a time with out throwing anything. You take the ground, do your head movements and then the guy punches you. Why wait?
        With the tall guys you should roll the shots that are coming at you ala James Toney. It's an easy time to get the step that you need to get into range and punish him. He throws a left hook from the outside, you catch and roll while taking the step forward with your right foot and in syncronicity you land the hook as at the same time your left foot steps forward and diggs into the canvas. The right hand lands as the right foot digs into the canvas. The hands and the feet work together to take ground. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

Get in there and fight these pros hard, you will fight as you train so why not train as you fight. If your opponent (in the pros) fights at a higher/heavier pace you're not going to have the wind to keep up. Intensity builds champions.

Oh yeah, I didn't see any feints. It's a tool that few really master now a days. It's a great tool when you know how to use your eyes and react upon it fast enough..........Rockin'
        Last edited by Rockin'; 06-22-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
          yeah sometimes i get bored with green guys because i get yelled at when i go hard on them lol. im do my best to get footage of when i spar other pros and top amateurs.

no my debut is going to be at 175 i believe but im going to campaign at 168. amateur i was 178 and like 3 fights fought 201 but i was comming in under 185 on short notice.

those sparring im right now about 183
          I advice you to try and make that weight of 168 early, just to see if you're trying to take too much off. When you spend acouple of days at that weight see how you feel, you could easily put on a few pounds and loose it by fight time through the training. I'd hate for you to throw away a bout because it took too much out of you just to beat a scale..........Rockin'

Comment

thanks as always rockin much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
              Rounds 1 2

rounds 3 4

rounds 5 6

lite pad work till my calf kept cramping and sorry the crap sony hd cam starts shaking for no reason i dont know why

battery died
              use your jab more and more upper body movement

Comment

Working...
              X