Collapse
No announcement yet.

Career accomplishments of Pernell Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst match up for Pernell he would get eaten up. Pacquiao can walk right through Pernell best punches and Pacquiao has the faster hands and will be able to land.

Comment

I don't think you could say anybody else was any better. I might be a lil bias but Pernell fought EVERYBODY. Didn't duck nobody, always wanted to fight the best. If he was active today in his prime a Floyd or Pac fight would have been done in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
        I don't think you could say anybody else was any better. I might be a lil bias but Pernell fought EVERYBODY. Didn't duck nobody, always wanted to fight the best. If he was active today in his prime a Floyd or Pac fight would have been done in a heartbeat.

LOL Pernell ducked Ike Quartey and Felix Trinidad for years

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          LOL Pernell ducked Ike Quartey and Felix Trinidad for years

Can you back this up with any links or documentation showing this statement to be true? Because looking at their records all three were ham strung from 1993 to 1997 with obligatory mandatory's for their respective ABC straps With ALL of their aims to land a fight with DeLaHoya. In 1998 a fight with Quartey WAS made but Whitaker tested positive for drugs and went to rehab. Surely you're not suggesting he used rehab as a way to duck Quartey? Especially since a win over Ike would have catapulted him to a rematch with Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Can you back this up with any links or documentation showing this statement to be true? Because looking at their records all three were ham strung from 1993 to 1997 with obligatory mandatory's for their respective ABC straps With ALL of their aims to land a fight with DeLaHoya. In 1998 a fight with Quartey WAS made but Whitaker tested positive for drugs and went to rehab. Surely you're not suggesting he used rehab as a way to duck Quartey? Especially since a win over Ike would have catapulted him to a rematch with Oscar.
            He was lined up to fight Tito when Tito was trying to leave DKP. Tito lost in court, had to stay with Don and it fell apart. Go back and watch their twinbill featuring Tito-Barnes; it was happening. DK never let one of his guys fight Pea again until Pea got older after he clowned Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              He was lined up to fight Tito when Tito was trying to leave DKP. Tito lost in court, had to stay with Don and it fell apart. Go back and watch their twinbill featuring Tito-Barnes; it was happening. DK never let one of his guys fight Pea again until Pea got older after he clowned Chavez.
              Hadn't realized this, thank you. SC really needs to learn more before spouting such nonsense. I've never liked Whitaker, but geez, give the man his due instead of making things up to tear him down.

Comment

Hadn't realized this, thank you. SC really needs to learn more before spouting such nonsense. I've never liked Whitaker, but geez, give the man his due instead of making things up to tear him down.
                Yeah, Tito was going to be with the Levin's and Roy Jones's people (all there in the post-fight interview where they're talking Pea-Tito) and the twinbill was a blatant we'll each fight one to build it show (with Pea matched tougher against Jake Rodriguez). Tito and Don's court fights wrecked a lot of Tito's youth between 95-98. Whitaker moved on to Rivera and almost got beat; possible hangover being disappointed losing a top foe? Who knows but Tito back with King fought mediocrities for his next six fights while Pea fought Rivera twice and then Oscar.

Ducked?

Ha.

Comment

lol its funny how I make a statement and get discredited for not having proof then someone does the same and you tag along no questions asked. I am not surprised the Pernell Whitaker fans on here are basically retro Pacquiao/Mayweather fans
                  Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 06-14-2011, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    lol its funny how I make a statement and get discredited for not having proof then someone does the same and you tag along no questions asked. I am not surprised the Pernell Whitaker fans on here are basically retro Pacquiao/Mayweather fans
                    All you're being asked to do is back your statement up. Can you or can you not?

Comment

All you're being asked to do is back your statement up. Can you or can you not?

You don't care if its backed up or not. You will believe what ever helps your argument.

Comment

Working...
                      X