No announcement yet.

First defense for Anthony Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
    LOL...I might be. There were better fights then. Now it's all about building a fighter FOREVER. Then tuck and hide when they have to step up. I know Joshua is young and it takes time to develop, but his promoter is Hearn. I see what he's done to Brook career and think he'll do the same to Joshua. We'll see if I'm wrong.
    I get what you was saying, just those names haven't been thrown about in a while lol. But you're right, that's always my fear with Hearn when his boxers are ready for the world stage, he hasn't always shown he can deliver those huge fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
      Honesty Joshua is so slow and stiff I think Spence could outbox him. Andre ward certainly could.

On topic the first defence will be a bum. I vote for dereck chisora
      Chisora is a real bum and a glutton for punishment, that is not a bad choice but I expect they'll want to run it as a ppv so they'll have to feed some of AJ's former opposition to him to build him back up after he loses to Pulev. Pulev himself would be a good choice but I expect Hearn will be afraid to put his cash cow in there with the Bulgarian, Fury clearly wanted no part either, for good reason too look what he did to Thompson, Ustinov and Dimitrenko, one sided beat downs with the latter two refusing any more punishment after 10 or so rounds.

Ward said he wants to finish off at heavyweight, I reckon he could beat the likes of Wilder and Joshua, I can't see how he could beat Fury though.

I'd like to see one of Molina or Stiverne of the above mentioned but I'm expecting Scott or the other bum Breazeale.

Comment

Stiverne went the distance with wilder. Hopefully he can stay in there for more than 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
          Chisora is a real bum and a glutton for punishment, that is not a bad choice but I expect they'll want to run it as a ppv so they'll have to feed some of AJ's former opposition to him to build him back up after he loses to Pulev. Pulev himself would be a good choice but I expect Hearn will be afraid to put his cash cow in there with the Bulgarian, Fury clearly wanted no part either, for good reason too look what he did to Thompson, Ustinov and Dimitrenko, one sided beat downs with the latter two refusing any more punishment after 10 or so rounds.

Ward said he wants to finish off at heavyweight, I reckon he could beat the likes of Wilder and Joshua, I can't see how he could beat Fury though.

I'd like to see one of Molina or Stiverne of the above mentioned but I'm expecting Scott or the other bum Breazeale.
          Pulev wouldn't last long. Better than Martin, but surrenders too many advantages to have a real shot and his power is not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ianjamsie View Post
            Pulev wouldn't last long. Better than Martin, but surrenders too many advantages to have a real shot and his power is not good enough.
            Maybe not, yet he can box and he's likely the fifth or six best in the division, I'd consider a huge step up compared to what Joshua has fought thus far.

I think you underestimate Pulev, like Stiverne he is judged on a single fight. These guys are tough tough men who have extremely good boxing fundamentals, their only downside is they don't have the size advantages like this new wave of 'super' heavy we've seen in recent years.

Pulev and Stiverne have solid power at the weight and are huge tests for anyone in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              I get what you was saying, just those names haven't been thrown about in a while lol. But you're right, that's always my fear with Hearn when his boxers are ready for the world stage, he hasn't always shown he can deliver those huge fights.
              Hearn hates paying foreign fighters massive purses, when he was trying to land a "big" name for Brook last time he went for Chavez because he fights for peanuts.

Comment

Working...
              X