Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I admit it. boxing SUCKS compared to mma.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never quite understand why people say MMA is better than boxing because the best fight the best. Professional tiddlywinks probably has the best v the best - does it make it better than boxing?

It's a shame that Boxing sufferers with all the things you mention, but it's still brilliant.

Basically, MMA is crap.

Comment

Even with all of boxing's BS there are still good and entertaining fights to watch on a regular basis (well, semi-regular since covid.) I concede that MMA's setup is far superior insomuch that the best matchups get made much more consistently, but even with that I just can't get into it. Every MMA match I've made the effort to watch, whether on TV or even a couple that I've seen in person, ended up being boring or confusing or annoying to watch, if not all 3 at once. Maybe it's just not for me, but I feel like there's just no artistry to it. It's just an ugly and awkward style of fighting. Right now I'm watching a few of Chocalatito's fights prior to his losses to SSR and it's sublime to watch, with the fluency of his footwork and the combinations he throws. I feel like UFC has nothing that can match something like that.

I do wish that boxing had what UFC has going for it in terms of setup but even without that and all the corruption, tedious promoter politics and drama queen garbage from fighters that we do have I still prefer boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
        I never quite understand why people say MMA is better than boxing because the best fight the best. Professional tiddlywinks probably has the best v the best - does it make it better than boxing?

It's a shame that Boxing sufferers with all the things you mention, but it's still brilliant.

Basically, MMA is crap.
        Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
        Even with all of boxing's BS there are still good and entertaining fights to watch on a regular basis (well, semi-regular since covid.) I concede that MMA's setup is far superior insomuch that the best matchups get made much more consistently, but even with that I just can't get into it. Every MMA match I've made the effort to watch, whether on TV or even a couple that I've seen in person, ended up being boring or confusing or annoying to watch, if not all 3 at once. Maybe it's just not for me, but I feel like there's just no artistry to it. It's just an ugly and awkward style of fighting. Right now I'm watching a few of Chocalatito's fights prior to his losses to SSR and it's sublime to watch, with the fluency of his footwork and the combinations he throws. I feel like UFC has nothing that can match something like that.

I do wish that boxing had what UFC has going for it in terms of setup but even without that and all the corruption, tedious promoter politics and drama queen garbage from fighters that we do have I still prefer boxing.
        Bingo X2 !!!

Also keep in mind this TS said he's 20 years of age. Somebody following boxing since 1980 - 85 has quite a different perspective than some kid right out of high school. MMA wasn't around in 1985, not mainstream anyway.
        They are two different sports with different skillsets albeit both combat sports. Even when the best fight the best, I don't feel the drama when watching a UFC event. Sure I could complain about the politics of boxing if I wanted to, but why be a complainer.
        To each his own. Watch what you wanna watch and nobody's forcing you ....

Comment

I've posted before, even as a Super Hardcore Long Time Boxing Fan...

UFC Cards and PPV's As a Whole are often times 10x Better than Most Boxing Cards!

Boxing Fans PRIDE have them in Denial of a clear SHIFT in Popularity in Combat Sports but Ratings and PPV Buys are Confirming that UFC/MMA have Surpassed Boxing in Popularity here in America

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            I've posted before, even as a Super Hardcore Long Time Boxing Fan...

UFC Cards and PPV's As a Whole are often times 10x Better than Most Boxing Cards!

Boxing Fans PRIDE have them in Denial of a clear SHIFT in Popularity in Combat Sports but Ratings and PPV Buys are Confirming that UFC/MMA have Surpassed Boxing in Popularity here in America
            Yep, ya right. 'Cept I'm not really sure that anyone is in "Denial". Most of the boxing fans I see here pretty much acknowledge the popularity shift and ratings fall off.

It is what it is. In 25 years we'll see how many or how few new boxing fans emerge. Like this TS, most 20 yr olds will prefer MMA/UFC. It's more popular to the younger generations. No denying, really.
            For some reason, most younger cats can't appreciate the sweet science of boxing and older traditional fans relate less to the martial arts/grappling style. And yet others still, who enjoy them all. It's all preference and opinion.

Ultimately, it's just petty and ignorant to come on a forum specifically to bad mouth or denigrate one sport or the other. So for me, any rebuttals to this boxing criticism get a pass. The TS publically declared "boxing sucked, was boring, etc etc, and EFF boxing.
            If you want to engage in a healthy discussion that's one thing. Starting a thread to provoke discord, disrespect, and act catty, is another.
            Kudos to those that responded reasonably.
            Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 10-26-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skybox222 View Post
              kudos to dana. the best fight the best on a weekly basis.

boxing has too many belts, divas, marinating, the list goes on.

I'm 20 years old and watching boxing is like watching paint dry. I want some action.

screw boxing.
              I remember being young and dumb as well. Not quite this dumb because eeesh, buddy. The future doesn’t bode well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Then get your queer ass out of here. No faggots rolling around on the floor, feeling up one another in boxing.
                Green k sent.... if a man picks MMA over boxing he obviously has gay tendencies IMO

Comment

MMA is backyard brawling outside of a few fighters. Only fighters I care to watch are Jones, Khabib, and Adasanya. There's tons of fighters I care to watch in boxing. MMA has a bunch of no defense brawlers with 21-13 records and they'll call it a stacked card.

Comment

Good riddens, leave the site and dont let the door hit you in your ass on your way out!
                    Last edited by richardt; 10-24-2020, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
                      UFC has more good fights as it is one organisation and the best are made to fight the best, but boxing still has some insane fights made from time to time. If you aren't a fan of boxing you aren't a fan, no-one can convince you otherwise. We stick around for the good fights, not to make excuses for the politics and BS. Real boxing fans are the most critical of boxing because we understand how bad it is at times but for the love of boxing and for the love of seeing the best fight the best, and for the most technical stand-up striking to be found.

The sweet science either captures you or it doesn't, I still enjoy MMA but there are many bum fights in MMA as well what with the laying and fence stalling and frankly at times, ATROCIOUS technical/athletic ability.
                      Well said... While we get less really good fights in boxing than they do in MMA, when we do, the skills/athleticism on display completely blows MMA out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                      X