Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The LA Time writer who wrote the Boxing is dead article...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    I think this thread needs deleting, and threads entitled 'Is boxing dying' 'Boxing is Dead' or any other whiny type threads need to be outlawed from the entire forum.

It takes ZERO creativity, and adds absolutely NOTHING to the forums 'I don't want to see these vapid threads anymore'.
    Ok. Don't comment. Your comment bumped up the thread. If this is something people don't want to talk about then it'll die 5 pages down.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Ok. Don't comment. Your comment bumped up the thread. If this is something people don't want to talk about then it'll die 5 pages down.
      The problem is not with you, it is with this thread topic. 'It is very negative and pointless' I continually keep seeing these type of threads.

When I log onto these forums, I can see this thread in my vision etc

People will most likely talk about this topic, but in all honesty 'What type of discussions and view points are you expecting?' this same thread topic appears every few months.

I have not even looked at the other responses to this thread, but they will most likely be full of people moaning, nutting themselves off to other mainstream sports. 'I actually made a better more in-depth response on this very same topic yesterday'.

Comment

How can you even compare a big UFC event with a small little card of Navarrete headlining Vs some random dude...

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          I watched the telecast yesterday. When Rivera was fighting, attendance looked like it was for one of the early undercard fights, but Rivera was the fight before the main event. Not a good look for boxing.

Was another fight canceled for this card? Navarrete against a no-name and Magdaleno vs a gatekeeper isn't interesting.

And that event is coming after the one, which had Sosa headlining lol (Frampton was supposed to be the headliner though).
          Benavidez vs. Collazo was supposed to be the main event. Doubt that would've made a difference in crowd size. I'm wondering why did they have it in that big ass stadium. Must've gotten a nice site fee

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            He was gloating today because of the horrible attendance of tonight's Top Rank card in L.A. He's the LA Times boxing writer but didn't bother to show up and cover the fight

Even Crawford decided to go to UFC tonight

The ratings should go pretty well from people stumbling around trying to fight the UFC fight
            I don't get the correlation.
            Why would he even bother to cover a dead sport?
            What is he supposed to do if he showed up?
            SMH.

Comment

Dylan must have wanted to go with storyline for a while but just couldn't until Pugmire left the paper.

Boxing isn’t dead of course, but it is a broken sport as White alluded to Mannix's podcast. I don't think anyone from TR expected yesterday's card to be a big box office success or anything. The live gate likely will come in under 85k, but it is what it is.

Comment

Comment

He's a Mexican named Dylan. He hates boxing but loves the MLS.

That's all I got.

Comment

Looks like there may be a vendetta against boxing at the LA Times.

Wonder if the attendance tops 3252
                    — Angel Rodriguez (@ajrod) August 18, 2019

And you said boxing was dead. 🤷🏻*♂️
                    — Nathan Fenno (@nathanfenno) August 18, 2019

Comment

The casual fan simply doesn't know where to go to watch boxing anymore.

HBO on Saturday nights used to be the de facto destination for the sport but now it's gone.

Most people don't know that they have to tune in to FOX or ESPN or ESPN2. Or that ESPN+ and DAZN are options.

Showtime is the only familiar thing left from the old days and even their boxing schedule has become erratic. Plus they were never in a lot of homes to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X