Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny fans: Was this past weekend officially rock bottom?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny fans: Was this past weekend officially rock bottom?

I don't care if you really had him winning or not. He was supposed to steamroll this guy. Most motherf**kers had him stopping this fool within like 3 or 4 rounds. As a Manny fan myself him getting brutally knocked the f**k out by Marquez, and losing in pretty one sided fashion to Floyd -- those were bitter pills to swallow but those were against two first ballot hall of famers. One was to the best of the generation and the other is on a short list of best of his generation.

This was to frigging Jeff Horn. Who was mocked incessantly from the day his name was even rumored as a possible Pacquiao opponent. Just the fact that it was a very competitive fight, against Jeff Horn, is bad enough. I mean even had Pacquiao got the decision would y'all feel good about this? I sure as hell wouldn't. But the fact that it's an official loss on his record...TO JEFF HORN...to me this is rock f**king bottom. With all due respect to Horn by the way who seems like a really good dude and a pretty decent fighter. But Manny Pacquiao, who's supposed to be the 2nd best fighter of his generation...even at 38 should not be in wars with pretty decent B fighters.

This, to me, is rock bottom as a Pacquiao fan. It doesn't get any worse than this. Just the fact that he was fighting Jeff Horn in the first place was bad enough. But now this? How Saturday night unfolded? Do any of you other Manny fans feel the same way?

The death threats to Horn's wife showed it really is.

Comment

Pac looked pretty good for a 38 year old, and kept it clean. Horn was fouling and the fact that he had enough energy to jump around like a Kangaroo in there does not make him deserving of that victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Sup View Post
        The death threats to Horn's wife showed it really is.
        Those people are an abomination. Anybody who is fanatical to the point where they issue messages of hatred or freaking death threats over a sporting event, need help. Serious professional help.

Comment

yea this was pretty embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            yea this was pretty embarrassing
            lol, this coming from you Is hilarious considering the lengths you would go to, to defend Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              I don't care if you really had him winning or not. He was supposed to steamroll this guy. Most motherf**kers had him stopping this fool within like 3 or 4 rounds. As a Manny fan myself him getting brutally knocked the f**k out by Marquez, and losing in pretty one sided fashion to Floyd -- those were bitter pills to swallow but those were against two first ballot hall of famers. One was to the best of the generation and the other is on a short list of best of his generation.

This was to frigging Jeff Horn. Who was mocked incessantly from the day his name was even rumored as a possible Pacquiao opponent. Just the fact that it was a very competitive fight, against Jeff Horn, is bad enough. I mean even had Pacquiao got the decision would y'all feel good about this? I sure as hell wouldn't. But the fact that it's an official loss on his record...TO JEFF HORN...to me this is rock f**king bottom. With all due respect to Horn by the way who seems like a really good dude and a pretty decent fighter. But Manny Pacquiao, who's supposed to be the 2nd best fighter of his generation...even at 38 should not be in wars with pretty decent B fighters.

This, to me, is rock bottom as a Pacquiao fan. It doesn't get any worse than this. Just the fact that he was fighting Jeff Horn in the first place was bad enough. But now this? How Saturday night unfolded? Do any of you other Manny fans feel the same way?
              Yes, that fight was rock bottom for Manny. He should have won that fight 12-0-11-1. Horn just looked massive In there with Pacquiao. A rematch would be Interesting, but If Manny looks like he did the first time he has a good chance of getting knocked out.

Comment

For me getting ktfo by marquez way worse since he was still near his prime that time. A highly dramatic grand ending to their grudge saga, probably the biggest KO win i'll ever witness and feel.

While for horn, i've long accepted that pac is way past his prime with this one being the worst showing, so i know its just a matter of time that he'll look like that and he did.
                Only fans who are living on nostalgia are disappointed.

Comment

Yep. It most definitely is.

Comment

For me getting ktfo by marquez way worse since he was still near his prime that time. A highly dramatic grand ending to their grudge saga, probably the biggest KO win i'll ever witness and feel.

While for horn, i've long accepted that pac is way past his prime with this one being the worst showing, so i know its just a matter of time that he'll look like that and he did.
                    Only fans who are living on nostalgia are disappointed.

As for floyd, well he's my fav as well, and ive also accepted pac was past prime during the encounter.

Comment

Working...
                    X