No announcement yet.

Sheriff explains why 'Stand Your Ground' shooter is not arrested

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• send his ass to jail

bitch ass gonna shoot and unarmed person stand your ground wont work here because it wasn't serious threat of injury or harm especially when the dude started turning AWAY from him

how you gonna be in fear of somehow who is retreating from you?
    Last edited by bigjavi973; 07-25-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
      what makes me racist? remove your tampon before quoting me.. no feminine energy allowed. come with logic and reason.
      You just said blacks in a whole need to kill white people... You're a racist *****.. Is it what it is. WAKE UP. I expose people like you. You'd never say ***** like this to someone in person. You're weak.

MCC, BigDunn, and you are the biggest one's I've seen on this forum. Not sure if there's anyone I'm forgetting. You're a low life just like the rest of them.

Your brain needs to be calibrated.

Comment

• Just to set the record straight because I don't understand the stand your ground law. When the guy was confronting the lady in the car and yelling at her could she have shot him if she feared for her physical well being?? After all women are smaller and weaker than the average sized man.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
          send his ass to jail

bitch ass gonna shoot and unarmed person stand your ground wont work here because it wasn't serious threat of injury or harm especially when the dude started turning AWAY from him

how you gonna be in fear of somehow who is retreating from you?
          Yeah this law has to be repealed. Its an open invitation to reckless retaliation.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            You also have to consider that a CCW holder should have the responsibility to try to de-escalate any encounter, and not try to be the moral police. That is what the actual police are for. The problem with some CCW holders is that just the idea of knowing they are carrying emboldens them. They will be more willing to try to be the moral police.
            if the law cant get him, maybe a financial penalty will. a rare time im all for suing someone.

Comment

• I Told you guys from the jump!

TAMPA, Fla. - Prosecutors charged Michael Drejka, the man accused of killing Markeis McGlockton in a shooting that has reignited a debate around Florida's "stand your ground law," with manslaughter Monday.

According to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office, Drejka was taken into custody Monday morning. He is being booked into the Pinellas County Jail, where he will be held in lieu of $100,000 bail.

Drejka, 47, has avoided arrest since he shot 28-year-old McGlockton on July 19 because of the controversial self-defense law that eliminated one's duty to retreat before resorting to force.

Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri announced July 20 that his agency was precluded from arresting Drejka because evidence showed it was "within the bookends of stand your ground and within the bookends of force being justified," which provides immunity from arrest, the sheriff said. He forwarded the case Aug. 1 to the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney's Office to make a final charging determination.

State Attorney Bernie McCabe's decision to charge Drejka signals that prosecutors believe they can show by "clear and convincing" evidence that a stand your ground defense is not applicable in Drejka's case.

State legislators revised the law last year to put the onus on prosecutors to disprove a stand your ground claim instead of on defense attorneys to prove one.

Several questions must be considered in deciding whether someone can be protected under the law when they use force: Was the person acting lawfully? Did the person have a right to be there? And was the person in reasonable fear of serious injury or death?

The encounter between the two men started when Drejka confronted McGlockton's girlfriend, Britany Jacobs, about why she had parked in a handicap-reserved parking space without a decal at the Circle A Food Store on Sunset Point Road near Clearwater.

McGlockton, inside the store with his 5-year-old son, caught wind of the heated argument from witnesses. Surveillance video shows him leaving the store, walking up to Drejka and pushing him to the ground. Drejka then pulls out a gun and shoots McGlockton. He told deputies he was in fear of further attack.

Gualtieri said Monday he supports McCabe's decision. He reiterated that in order to make an arrest, the facts of the case would have to clearly show stand your ground doesn't apply, which he said wasn't the case here. Otherwise, Drejka would have been in custody while prosecutors considered whether they could meet the burden established under the law.

That differs from a normal arrest in which law enforcement officers "establish if we have the elements of a crime without considering the defenses," the sheriff said.

"This is very unique," he said. "There's no other provision in Florida law that says we have to consider these defenses."

The shooting reignited a national debate around stand your ground - and race's role in how it's applied. McGlockton was black. Drejka is white.

Benjamin Crump, the civil rights attorney known for taking up cases in which unarmed black men died in violent encounters, signed on to represent Jacobs. Five members of Congress called for the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division to open an investigation. State Sen. Darryl Rouson called for a special session to address stand your ground, an effort that failed on Friday.

And all the while, rallies and news conferences cropped up nearly every day to call for an arrest, organized by groups such as the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and Black Lives Matter.

Drejka has remained largely a mystery to the public in the weeks since the shooting. The Tampa Bay Times reported last week that he has been the accused aggressor in four incidents since 2012, including two in which he was reported to have shown a gun. He was not arrested in any of the cases and does not have a criminal history in Florida.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...Rzk?li=BBnbfcL

Now let’s just hope this idiot gets convicted

Comment

• Being pushed does not justify pulling a gun and killing someone. The act of pulling the gun alone was more than likely enough to end the altercation.

Comment

• And you cant walk up on some and push them to the ground.

What if the white guy hit his head on the pavement after being pushed down and died.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
                    Nobody is reading all that, you better get them cliff notes dawg. Btw, the guy deserved it, dont put yo manos on peoples
                    I didn’t read a word of that bs..

But,,, lemme paraphrase

Innocent black gangster wanna be hard core real mo ****ers got hurt by pink azz white buoys..

Etc... etc...

Black ppl steady innocent... white popo always evil..

If only ... idiots wouldn’t **** with each other,...

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                      if the law cant get him, maybe a financial penalty will. a rare time im all for suing someone.
                      Lies perpetrated by the white man,(you) to keep the black man down

Niggy, we so busy, you and me.... trying to survive... in this rapidly changing economy... we nearly making it..

Now we got young misguided lil knee gro hoes blames us for sheit I wish I did,...

If bulk ppl shook victimhood of they backs...they’d progress

Comment

Working...
                      X