Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Aggressive Heavyweight Champion In History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    I guess you've never watched Wladimir Klitschko fight.
    Nice catch

Comment

Originally posted by jose_palooka View Post
      ''I guess you've never watched Wladimir Klitschko fight.''

I mentioned on another thread that I've returned to watching pro boxing after a long lapse of several years and not seen him fight just yet. Therefore, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ~ has he resorted to clutching and grabbing with the same impunity Ali enjoyed in his later matches? Has he been DQ'd or have points deducted for doing so? Has this tactic lowered his standing with current boxing critics or fans?

Thanks in advance for your input.
      Most of the top Heavies these days do a lot more clutching and grabbing than even a washed up Ali ever did.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by jose_palooka View Post
        ''I guess you've never watched Wladimir Klitschko fight.''

I mentioned on another thread that I've returned to watching pro boxing after a long lapse of several years and not seen him fight just yet. Therefore, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ~ has he resorted to clutching and grabbing with the same impunity Ali enjoyed in his later matches? Has he been DQ'd or have points deducted for doing so? Has this tactic lowered his standing with current boxing critics or fans?

Thanks in advance for your input.
        I have not really counted the amounts but Wlad clutches and grabs often enough to make the fights poor to watch. But then again he does not have good enough opponents to counter his style. You have not missed much in not watching Wlads fights.

Comment

Years ago Nat Fleischer came out with a list:

MOST AGGRESSIVE:
          1. Henry Armstrong
          2. Joe Frazier
          3. Harry Greb

I agree with this and would also add Aaron Pryor.

On just the heavyweights, I would say Frazier, Dempsey and Tyson top the list.

Comment

Jack Dempsey by far imo.

Comment

Dempsey
              Marciano
              Tyson
              Frazier

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
                Years ago Nat Fleischer came out with a list:

MOST AGGRESSIVE:
                1. Henry Armstrong
                2. Joe Frazier
                3. Harry Greb

I agree with this and would also add Aaron Pryor.

On just the heavyweights, I would say Frazier, Dempsey and Tyson top the list.
                I have not seen any Harry Greb fights. Are there any available links?

I believe in the lower weights Armstrong and Pryor are good choices. Ted Kid Lewis definitely comes to mind. He would actually top my personal list.

Comment

Tyson definitely

Comment

joe frazier to me was the most aggresive of the heavyweights with tyson next, dempsey after that. dempsey could attack just fine, but he utilized more footwork than the two combined, when needed. foreman right up there when younger. armstrong and frazier most aggresive champs ever,to me- p4p.

Comment

Originally posted by louis54 View Post
                      joe frazier to me was the most aggresive of the heavyweights with tyson next, dempsey after that. dempsey could attack just fine, but he utilized more footwork than the two combined, when needed. foreman right up there when younger. armstrong and frazier most aggresive champs ever,to me- p4p.
                      Yeah, Dempsey had very under-rated boxing skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X