No announcement yet.

Does Roy Jones have a boxer name?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Roy Jones have a boxer name?

I remember when he fought lacy he called himself captain hook, but I dont buy that that was his boxing nickname.

If I were to choose a name for him it would be SUPERMAN the guy was something else.

What name would you give Roy Jones?

Around the time he cheated...(since all cheats eventually get nickname related to PEDS)

SteRoy Jones

But otherwise I agree Superman would have been a good nickname.

Comment

I actually liked the "Captain Hook" moniker along with the getup for Lacy. It was light hearted and accurate . Dude pulled off like nine consecutive left hooks on Lacy.

I loved that fight. Made me a comeback believer.

Comment

It's down on boxrec as Junior and commentators have called him Junior in the past.

It's not much of a boxing moniker though.

Comment

In the 90`s he was called superman

Comment

In the 90's it was just Roy Jones Jr. He didnt need a knickname to sell fights or to get respect. Thats the only reason really for a knickname. Ali didnt have a knickname. Roy didnt have one either. He didnt start using a knickname till he wasnt dominant anymore and then he needed help to get some recognition so then he started coming up with different knicknames every fight to try and sell. In his prime he never had a knickname. It was just Roy Jones jr. and you knew you were going to see the best boxer in the world period.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
              In the 90's it was just Roy Jones Jr. He didnt need a knickname to sell fights or to get respect. Thats the only reason really for a knickname. Ali didnt have a knickname. Roy didnt have one either. He didnt start using a knickname till he wasnt dominant anymore and then he needed help to get some recognition so then he started coming up with different knicknames every fight to try and sell. In his prime he never had a knickname. It was just Roy Jones jr. and you knew you were going to see the best boxer in the world period.
              true good thoughs Now Im making a thread what nickname would you give Ali! haha

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
                true good thoughs Now Im making a thread what nickname would you give Ali! haha
                I'm pretty sure Ali's unofficial moniker after his career was "the Greatest", but I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) that it was never used by any ring announcer for his matches.

Comment

ali was the Louisville lip you dolts

Comment

he was in fact called superman

Comment

Working...
                    X