Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Football or Basketball: If You Could Only Pick One...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
      Are you serious?
      As a guy from the UK, I know these are probably 2 of the biggest sports in the States but was thinking about which would hold a bigger fan base if people only had one choice.

We have 2 votes for Basketball so there are people on here who disagree with yourself.

Comment

NFL without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
          Why is college football so highly rated? I've had a few people say this to me before.
          College football players play with far more fire and emotion than the jaded pros.

Explain your reasoning, kind poster.
          Hockey has all the violent collision action of football and the players are moving far faster than any football player in cleats can. There's also far fewer breaks in the action.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            College football players play with far more fire and emotion than the jaded pros.

Hockey has all the violent collision action of football and the players are moving far faster than any football player in cleats can. There's also far fewer breaks in the action.

Poet
            The punch-ups are great too

Comment

The punch-ups are great too
              Yes they are

Comment

Nba if it wasn't rigged by the guy in my sig, it's like the WWE. At least the NFL is legit, or it seems legit more so than basketball at least. With basketball you get non stop offense and some defense depending on the team, very few breaks. It's all ruined by the reefs though, the refs can and will determine who'll win the game, it's been seen a countless number of times.

My problem with the NFL is that there are soooo many god damn commercials, very little actual playing time, I stopped watching it in 08 I ****ing hated that dancing robot on Fox and the music. Plus there is only 1 game a week for your favorite team, IDK about you guys but I don't give a shyt about the other teams unless it's a playoff game.
                Last edited by Cutthroat; 07-09-2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

basketball for me....

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                    Nba if it wasn't rigged by the guy in my sig, it's like the WWE. At least the NFL is legit, or it seems legit more so than basketball at least. With basketball you get non stop offense and some defense depending on the team, very few breaks. It's all ruined by the reefs though, the refs can and will determine who'll win the game, it's been seen a countless number of times.

My problem with the NFL is that there are soooo many god damn commercials, very little actual playing time, I stopped watching it in 08 I ****ing hated that dancing robot on Fox and the music. Plus there is only 1 game a week for your favorite team, IDK about you guys but I don't give a shyt about the other teams unless it's a playoff game.
                    I watched one NFL game while I was in the States last year and the commercials pissed me off too. Two yards, commercial. 4 yards, commercial.

I was thinking the NFL would get this after a few votes but it looks like Basketball has pressed hard to tighten things up.

Comment

Basketball for me.

I've never been a big fan of football. I always found it kind of boring. I could sit down and watch a game or whatever, but I've never been able to get into it all crazy like many people I know.

Comment

Working...
                      X