Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Ref count was worse? Tyson vs Douglas or Bute vs Andrade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bute-Andrade was way worse, it was something like a 20 second count.

In Tyson-Douglas the ref was in fact pretty slow, his 10 count was something like a regular 15 count. Still when Tyson was knocked down, the ref gave him the same count he gave to Douglas, a slow 10 second count, so in the end the ref was fair with both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      I didnt watch the vids but considering what was at stake I chose Tyson/Douglass. Andrade did get shamed though.
      In the Tyson video its the start of the 8th round in which the SUSPECT count occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
        In the Tyson video its the start of the 8th round in which the SUSPECT count occurs.
        As much as I loved seeing Douglass KO Tyson at the time I have to say the fight should have ended there. The ref draggedd the count obviously. From a stand point of just Ref accountability I say the Bute fight was worse but from a historical and importance POV its easily the Tyson fight. It changed the whole shape of the future.

Comment

tyson - Douglas, the first reason, it was the first big step in the down fall of mikes career, regardless of how the ref counted for mike later, regardless if it was the same slow pace, the fact is Douglas had 15 seconds, something should had been said right away and the fight ended, an immediate rematch. the Bute count is horrible but he gave a rematch and destroyed andrade, and that same outcome would had happened even if the ref got the count right, Bute is worlds above andrade, andrade fought the best fight of his career and got robbed, which sucks. But that really took a shot out of mikes career

Comment

This is not even close. At the ref's count of 5 on the Tyson-Douglas fight, Douglas was ready to get up.

While on the Andrade fight, Bute was out of it but still he was able to beat the count of 10 however the ref wasted precious seconds for Andrade to finish of Bute.

The Andrade-Bute fight is the worse of the two. 7 precious seconds could have killed Bute if the ref counted correctly

Comment

Working...
            X