Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kaepernick files grievance against NFL owners for collusion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he had lots more baseball scholarships than football and was a great basketball players as well

I'm sure there has been collusion and it will carry over to the other sports. He just needs to keep the faith like those prophets of old

Comment

How could he ever prove that though? Every player who doesn't get picked up by a team could try saying the same thing. His stats weren't too bad last season but his team still lost virtually every game he played. The previous couple of seasons he was horrible. There's perfectly legit reasons his play prevents him getting on a team as a starter, and he's only good as a backup if he suits the style the starting quarterback plays. that's before you get to anything to do with disruption in locker rooms, fan reaction etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Forbes published a story based on a roll of how a sample of folks feel about the kneeling protest.

It's not Forbes' fault that you were stupid enough to take their article about a poll and try to spin it into some nonsense about seats going empty.
        Yeah, I'm so stupid. How could I have read the words "confirmed NFL loses millions of viewers..." and thought that it meant it was confirmed that the NFL was losing millions of viewers?

Please, Mr Smart Guy, tell me what I should have inferred from the words "CONFIRMED: NFL LOSES MILLIONS OF VIEWERS "??

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          Yeah, I'm so stupid. How could I have read the words "confirmed NFL loses millions of viewers..." and thought that it meant it was confirmed that the NFL was losing millions of viewers?

Please, Mr Smart Guy, tell me what I should have inferred from the words "CONFIRMED: NFL LOSES MILLIONS OF VIEWERS "??
          The inference was rather simple; in a general poll of the public, the current mood is one where more people would considering tuning out over the kneeling than would consider tuning back in, full stop.

Wait until the actual TV numbers come out, or until there's a rash of tickets being sold back to the teams before running your mouth about fans actually acted on what the poll thinks that they would do.

Comment

The inference was rather simple; in a general poll of the public, the current mood is one where more people would considering tuning out over the kneeling than would consider tuning back in, full stop.

Wait until the actual TV numbers come out, or until there's a rash of tickets being sold back to the teams before running your mouth about fans actually acted on what the poll thinks that they would do.
            Again, I feel like you're telling me things you should be directing at the author or publisher. And speaking of actual tv numbers, what are those numbers? Everything I've seen seems to indicate that the numbers are in fact down due to this.

Again, I'm sorry for reading "confirmed: NFL loses millions of viewers" and thinking that it meant the NFL was losing millions of viewers...

Comment

NFL rating down.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...k1tbeftag9ttis

CBS earning to disappoint due to NFL rating

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/16/cbs-...isse-says.html

Rating down

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/20/medi...k-2/index.html

Sunday night football ratings down

http://deadline.com/2017/10/giants-w...nk-1202189129/
              Last edited by GGG Gloveking; 10-17-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

The 2017 numbers were lower than the 2016 numbers, which were lower than the 2015 numbers; to simply heap the whole thing on kneeling largely ignores reality.

Comment

Again, I feel like you're telling me things you should be directing at the author or publisher. And speaking of actual tv numbers, what are those numbers? Everything I've seen seems to indicate that the numbers are in fact down due to this.

Again, I'm sorry for reading "confirmed: NFL loses millions of viewers" and thinking that it meant the NFL was losing millions of viewers...
                  And that's why you don't just run with a headline.

Comment

And that's why you don't just run with a headline.
                    How many should I run with? Ive posted 5 or 6 now. The numbers are down. Why do you think Goodell finally chimed in asking players to stand? You say I'm the one ignoring reality, but if you honestly think this all hasn't had a negative impact, then I say it's you that's ignoring reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post

Did a lot of fans cancel some NFL ticket /NFL game day cable pass?

Comment

Working...
                      X