Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mike Tyson the only Heavyweight to be ranked #1 p4p by Ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mike Tyson the only Heavyweight to be ranked #1 p4p by Ring?

Anyone have any old issues where there's a heavyweight ranked number one P4P?

If not what's the highest any other heavyweight has been ranked? I'd imagin it would be Evander Holyfield somewhere in the top 5?

Mike Tyson was ranked #1 in 1989, which was the first year they did p4p rankings, I believe.

Just wondering..

Anyone know?

Comment

Maybe Roy in 2003 after beating Ruiz?

Comment

Here are the highest rankings on the P4P list for HW fighters Larry Holmes was number 3 in 1983-84, Tyson was number 1 in 89

Michael Spinks was number 6 in 1986, Holyfield number 3 in 1988, Riddick Bowe was number 6 in 1992, Roy Jones in 2003 after beating Ruiz was number 1, Lennox Lewis was number 8 in 2000 and most recently Wlad at number 10.

Comment

those past rankings suggest to me that wlad should be much higher then he already is

wow lennox at 8 who was higher then him that year?
          Last edited by minasyan; 08-20-2010, 09:49 AM.

Comment

not sure but i really wouldnt doubt it. mike tyson is top 10 p4p dont care what nobody says. he just had a horrible career and no dedication. but at his peak p4p dam man. he was something else man

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Here are the highest rankings on the P4P list for HW fighters Larry Holmes was number 3 in 1983-84, Tyson was number 1 in 89

Michael Spinks was number 6 in 1986, Holyfield number 3 in 1988, Riddick Bowe was number 6 in 1992, Roy Jones in 2003 after beating Ruiz was number 1, Lennox Lewis was number 8 in 2000 and most recently Wlad at number 10.
              I didn't know they had P4P rankings before 89.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by minasyan View Post
                those past rankings suggest to me that wlad should be much higher then he already is

wow lennox at 8 who was higher then him that year?
                1. shane mosley
                2. felix trinidad
                3. Roy Jones
                4. Oscar De La Hoya
                5. Diego Corrales
                6. Naseem Hamed
                7. Floyd

Out of that whole list, he should've been at 7 at best since i think Hamed should be lower than him.

Comment

Working...
                X