No announcement yet.

Arguement for Mosley winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arguement for Mosley winning

Now initially when Mosley got in the ring after Floyd won on the day that it happened i was under the impression that Mosley would be to much for Mayweather to outbox. Seeing a triangle effect between Mosley Pacman and Mayweather. Pacman taking Mosley(very debatable please do not argue this point), Mosley taking Mayweather, and Mayweather beating pac(Also very arguable and i know how much pride pacfans have so please don't argue this as well, not what this thread is about). .Yet my perspective slowly changed as the build up to the fight began and Floyd's confidence and claim of greatness persuaded me. So i was now under the impression that May would be able box his way to victory over Mosley, after analysis of the two styles in my head and all the claims by Mayweather, Judah saying he was looking sharp and to bet on him, Mayweathers argument won me over.
    However, after rewatching there last fights, my perspective has done another 180 this time in drastic fashion. I watched Mayweather Marquez first, and to be honest while watching it I was thinking to myself, dam there's no way hes going to get beat.. initially. However small things in the fight raised speculation that Mosley would be able to break down his defense with more damaging effect. Slowly a few right hands got in by Marquez, which didn't effect Mayweather at all, but that will not be the case when Mosley lands them more often and with more power. Another thing i observed was the seemingly perfect defense, and constantly aware Mayweather had very small cracks in it that appeared rarely but are very important. I Forgot which round it was but Mayweather decides to catch Marquez coming in with a left hook while he was against the ropes. This didn't stop Marquez who was coming in with the intent of a right hand which got thru. I also observed that Mayweather very rarley but it happened, got out of the shoulder rolled and simply put both gloves up(usually after he throws something to try in stop the counter), however not pinned safely close to his cheeks, they were more in front and he put his head down and stopped looking at Marquez when it happened. If he does the same versus Mosley, very damaging shots will hit him. Then I watched the Mosley fight, and although Margarito has a very different style that Mayweather, some of the tools will be used with the same effectiveness on Mayweather. His jab and then hard right to the body will let him get inside versus Mayweather. Dont get me wrong he will eat so uppercuts and counters but i think Mosleys chin is to strong for that. I also tried to imagine Mayweather using his leaping left hook, Mosley keeps his right in very good position and then turns with it 2 come back with his own left, which will surely damage Mayweather. Then i tried to imagine Mayweather's lead right hand while dropping his hands hands moving his head in very robot fashion at every movement of the opponent. Mosley is to fast for him to do this, he can come in fast with a series of pity pat punches with the last one doing severe damage. Im not saying it will be easy, as Mosley is very vulnerable to Mayweathers pinpoint jab, which i do see landing a lot. A reason why Mayweather will probably be winning in the early rounds. But the battle will heat up and Mosleys power is going to be way to much for Mayweather. A good counter to this is that we really do not know what Mayweathers chin is like, and if it proves to hold and he doesn't get effected.. like Nasim said, Floyd can turn into a dragon, but Mosley has a good chin as well, in which case, it will be a war.
    Don't get me wrong Floyd is great in fact, but as he uses this phrase often "like i said before" a good or great big man will beat the good or great little man.

Good analysis. I will agree with everything you said and if Shane can consistantley connect he can be successful. The thing about Floyd is he fights to the level of his opponent. Floyd was in no danger fighting Marquez and contrary to what many believe Floyd was toying with Marquez. After Marquez connected with that right hand in rd 2 you could see Floyd was pissed that he got hit so he dropped him with a perfectly timed left hook. Floyd was using a lazy high guard trying to invite Marquez in to the body so he can counter with the straight right but in perfect Marquez fashion he faked and came over top & tagged Floyd with the right. Also, im not sure which round it was in but Floyd tagged Marquez with the same beautifully quick right hook left uppercut combo that he used on Gatti. That combo seemed to be out of place in the fight. Nevertheless, the Marquez fight should have revealed the tools which will be the downfall of Shane...the left jab and superb reflexes of Floyd. I agree that Shane is fast and he has power but there are certain things that Shane does that Floyd will exploit over and over. Shane has to reset every time a jab is put in his face. He still has a bad habit of throwing wide hooks, often with his eyes closed. Shanes balance has deteriorated over the years and reflexes are not on the same level as Floyds. Taking out the Margarito fight look back at Shane vs Vargas, Mayorga and Cotto. Shane had trouble adjusting to these technically inferior( to Floyd) BOXERS. Floyd is the most technically gifted boxer alive.
    Now i believe Shane can make it a tough fight for Floyd if he does everything perfect.. but i see him folding from frustation after he realized that he's in there with a boxing genious. Shane appears to be extremely confident and truely believes he's just and fast and as good a boxer as Floyd..
    My question is what happens if he find out that not he case?
    Good luck to both fighters, hopefully it will be an exciting fight!
    Last edited by cmartez; 04-22-2010, 10:16 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Floyd UD.

Comment

damn dude, use paragraphs. and if yoru post is gonna be that long, bold the most important points.

Comment

Originally posted by SirPimpGmoneh View Post
          Now initially when Mosley got in the ring after Floyd won on the day that it happened i was under the impression that Mosley would be to much for Mayweather to outbox. Seeing a triangle effect between Mosley Pacman and Mayweather. Pacman taking Mosley(very debatable please do not argue this point), Mosley taking Mayweather, and Mayweather beating pac(Also very arguable and i know how much pride pacfans have so please don't argue this as well, not what this thread is about). .Yet my perspective slowly changed as the build up to the fight began and Floyd's confidence and claim of greatness persuaded me. So i was now under the impression that May would be able box his way to victory over Mosley, after analysis of the two styles in my head and all the claims by Mayweather, Judah saying he was looking sharp and to bet on him, Mayweathers argument won me over.
          However, after rewatching there last fights, my perspective has done another 180 this time in drastic fashion. I watched Mayweather Marquez first, and to be honest while watching it I was thinking to myself, dam there's no way hes going to get beat.. initially. However small things in the fight raised speculation that Mosley would be able to break down his defense with more damaging effect. Slowly a few right hands got in by Marquez, which didn't effect Mayweather at all, but that will not be the case when Mosley lands them more often and with more power. Another thing i observed was the seemingly perfect defense, and constantly aware Mayweather had very small cracks in it that appeared rarely but are very important. I Forgot which round it was but Mayweather decides to catch Marquez coming in with a left hook while he was against the ropes. This didn't stop Marquez who was coming in with the intent of a right hand which got thru. I also observed that Mayweather very rarley but it happened, got out of the shoulder rolled and simply put both gloves up(usually after he throws something to try in stop the counter), however not pinned safely close to his cheeks, they were more in front and he put his head down and stopped looking at Marquez when it happened. If he does the same versus Mosley, very damaging shots will hit him. Then I watched the Mosley fight, and although Margarito has a very different style that Mayweather, some of the tools will be used with the same effectiveness on Mayweather. His jab and then hard right to the body will let him get inside versus Mayweather. Dont get me wrong he will eat so uppercuts and counters but i think Mosleys chin is to strong for that. I also tried to imagine Mayweather using his leaping left hook, Mosley keeps his right in very good position and then turns with it 2 come back with his own left, which will surely damage Mayweather. Then i tried to imagine Mayweather's lead right hand while dropping his hands hands moving his head in very robot fashion at every movement of the opponent. Mosley is to fast for him to do this, he can come in fast with a series of pity pat punches with the last one doing severe damage. Im not saying it will be easy, as Mosley is very vulnerable to Mayweathers pinpoint jab, which i do see landing a lot. A reason why Mayweather will probably be winning in the early rounds. But the battle will heat up and Mosleys power is going to be way to much for Mayweather. A good counter to this is that we really do not know what Mayweathers chin is like, and if it proves to hold and he doesn't get effected.. like Nasim said, Floyd can turn into a dragon, but Mosley has a good chin as well, in which case, it will be a war.
          Don't get me wrong Floyd is great in fact, but as he uses this phrase often "like i said before" a good or great big man will beat the good or great little man.
          Good analysis....

I've watched both Floyd's and Mosley's recent fights and the one thing I've been saying about Floyd at WW is his reluctantness to really get off. Maybe he needs a fighter like Mosley to bring that out of him? I think Mosley is going to be a lot more prepared than any of Floyd's previous fights, but we also gotta give Floyd the benefit of the doubt being he hasn't been in the wars nor has he really been pushed by anyone, which could be an advantage in him being fresh, or a disadvantage to where he may be overwhelmed.

I'm picking Floyd in a tough, close fight to win on points...but him losing to me wouldn't shock me at all. Mosley is game.

Comment

I don't think you can use their last fights as any type of analyst because the strategies will be totally different. I don't think Mayweather was afraid of Marquez power and I think Mosley wasn't worried about Margarito beating him to the punch. I think it is more likely that Mosely will have more of the same game plan more so than Mayweather.

I question Mosely because of the stylistic problems he had with Mayorga and Cotto. His style is more suited for a fight with Pacquiao (puncher) than Mayweather (boxer). Although Mosely has a better chance of beating Mayweather than Pacquiao does, IMO.

There is a difference between a puncher and a boxer. Generally speaking a boxer will be a puncher if all things are equal. The latest example, Pavlik/Martinez (although I wouldn't consider Martinez a complete boxer but he is more of a boxer than Pavlik). An example that disproves my statement is Madiana/Ortiz, although Ortiz (for some reason) didn't box the way he was suppose too.

Comment

thanx for some good feedback. Your right about Mosley having 2 set up every time he gets jabbed but i think at one point he might just get frustrated and start throwing bombs, but more to the body, like his trainer said doing significant damage there which could slow Floyd down. And i don't see Floyd hurting Mosley to the point where hes reluctant to throw, so i don't think hes going 2 be able to stop that from happening. Floyd has never been punched as hard as Mosley will hit him and we just don't know how he will react, i think this will determine the outcome of the fight, because he will get hit]. And to be honest, the almost scared look Floyd has on when hes blocking punches in his shoulder roll defense, not the grin when hes getting punches from Marquez, I'm talking about when he was taking shots from Dela Hoya or some1 that can hurt him. Doesn't give me the impression that he can take shots from some1 like Mosley

Comment

it's not a scared look---he keeps his eyes open wide because he sees everything almost---that's how be blocks so effectively--shane, on the other hands has and tends to close his eyes when he blocks a punch and throws a mean combo---which is bad news--

and as far as those rounds which the 1st 2 posters were talking about was round 4 when floyd was against the ropes, and juan landed a right hook----floyd rolled with the punch and took steam off of juan's punch by landing a left hook to his chin---he's smart even when he gets hit---shane is not a counterpuncher---so he doesn't tend to fake his punches how jmm and floyd does when they want their opponent to move their hands enough so than can land on them---that was counterpunchers do a lot---

shane throws his jab lazy and pushes his out to land his power punches---juan didn't---yes, he tagged floyd a couple of times----floyd looked sharp for almost all of the fight---he got hit--yes--but he's been hit by harder punchers in de la hoya and judah---and gatti hit him some----hatton hit him some---so i do expect shane to nail floyd some---by not enough to make a stand against him, coz floyd knows how to roll with the punch and time it enough to take the steam off of it----meaning---shane will have to know his distance---

floyd damn sure will know his against shane----shane has tended to get in bad positions against fighters who don't even move---and he's gotten away with it because he overwhelmed them with his intensity--against a METHODCIAL, and i can't stress that word enough, fighter like floyd, who is ocmfortable at any place in the ring when he moves, shane, especially at this point in his career, will have a much harder time with it, and floyd will make shane fight cautious-----shane will lose that confidence around round 4 or 5----this is what i truly believe---after that, it's a rap---shane not only has the power and will to hurt floyd, many fighters floyd fought did----but does have the intelligence to make floyd open up enough to be tagged---no way in hell----and you'll see---

Comment

i think your under estimating Mosley's intelligence.. Also the fact that Dela Hoya got a split decision against him doesn't give me the impression he can hang with Mosley who is better than Oscar.

Comment

Working...
                  X