No announcement yet.

Study Shows Black Men Live Longer In Prison Than Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    You gonna take that Diesel? He's tryna say Prison is your natural habitat.
    this had me rolling.

Comment

This must come from the same type of people who think black children were more likely to have mothers and fathers in the same household during slavery than when Obama got elected.

Comment

Sad statistics indeed.

Comment

man , black people are real healthy in prison.

no racist.

it seems like they just do a few pushups and situps and within a week they have a sixpack and get all cut up.

obviously i'm exagerrating but that's what it seems like.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
            This must come from the same type of people who think black children were more likely to have mothers and fathers in the same household during slavery than when Obama got elected.
            I dont know, this article doesnt seem to be insinuating that black people belong in prison, just that there are many difficulties in the African American community. On average a black American makes less than a white American so they're going to live in worse neighborhoods and have worse health coverage. No surprise that prison is safer than living in the hood with no health insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
              I dont know, this article doesnt seem to be insinuating that black people belong in prison, just that there are many difficulties in the African American community. On average a black American makes less than a white American so they're going to live in worse neighborhoods and have worse health coverage. No surprise that prison is safer than living in the hood with no health insurance.

Its insulting when they try to put down a group of people based on some bull**** study. I'm sure the Nazi's did something similar, putting out nonsense that their people were better off and live longer if all Jews were put in Ghettos and death camps.

Comment

Its insulting when they try to put down a group of people based on some bull**** study. I'm sure the Nazi's did something similar, putting out nonsense that their people were better off and live longer if all Jews were put in Ghettos and death camps.
                You should be offended, not by this article itself but by the facts it presents. Its the fact African Americans have already been assigned to ghettos that lends validity to this study. Their higher mortality rate is the product of being treated as second class citizens since the colonization of America. Im sure the study would be similar among any group of lower income citizens. We have people robbing banks just to have access to the prison health system, it doesnt sound like a direct attack against African Americans.

Comment

All of the Semen in their mouth from the gayness taking place there= longevity

Its why women live longer too.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                    You should be offended, not by this article itself but by the facts it presents. Its the fact African Americans have already been assigned to ghettos that lends validity to this study. Their higher mortality rate is the product of being treated as second class citizens since the colonization of America. Im sure the study would be similar among any group of lower income citizens. We have people robbing banks just to have access to the prison health system, it doesnt sound like a direct attack against African Americans.
                    Right, its indirect. Has the righteous attitude of 'we're doing this for your own good' written between the lines.

Comment

Right, its indirect. Has the righteous attitude of 'we're doing this for your own good' written between the lines.
                      "Ironically, prisons are often the only provider of medical care accessible by these underserved and vulnerable Americans
                      "Typically, prison-based care is more comprehensive than what inmates have received prior to their admission,"
                      "What's very sad about this is that if we are able to all of a sudden equalize or diminish these health inequalities that you see by race inside a place like prison, it should also be that in places like a poor neighborhood we should be able to diminish these sort of inequities,"
                      For Rosen, one of the main messages from the study is the need to make the world outside of prison walls safer, and to make sure people living there have adequate access to healthcare
                      Im sorry I just dont see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X