Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weren't Floyd fans all for a Floyd/Canelo fight in Sept??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weren't Floyd fans all for a Floyd/Canelo fight in Sept??

Now it seems that they are singing a different tune ever since Floyd refused to sign an agreement to face Canelo in Sept in the event both Floyd and Canelo win their respective bouts.

When it was rumored that Floyd would be facing Guerrero in May and the critics were slamming Floyd for that opponent decision, the Floyd fans used the excuse that they are fine with Floyd facing Guerrero in May since its a precursor to a showdown with Canelo in Sept. They repeated that Canelo/Floyd in Sept would be a mega fight. All I see now is the Floydboys claiming that Canelo hasnt done anything to warrant a fight with Floyd and that he should be lucky to even be on Floyd's ppv undercard. So let me understand this. Canelo went from a huge megafight for Floyd in Sept to a nobody who hasnt fought anyone and should be appreciative to even be on Floyd's undercard??

In my opinion, Floyd never intends to face Canelo. He's a big heavy handed JMW who can bang and Floyd probably sees him as too much of a threat at this point in his career. Not to mention with his new 6 fight deal with Showtime, what would a loss to Canelo do to his future plans? While I dont think Canelo is a position to demand anything from Floyd given Floyd's top dog status while Canelo hasnt even had a breakthru fight yet, I understand his stance of not wanting to help Floyd with his ppv card/sales if Floyd is saying one thing about promising him a fight yet not guaranteeing him the shot in one form or another. Canelo is feeling used by Floyd when in reality he can headline his own Showtime card and make the same money while not adding to Floyd's ppv sales.

And were't Floyd haters swearing that he'd never face Ghost either when he teased about Alexander?

He'll thump on Ghost, and if Canelo gets past Trout, they'll sit down and hammer out a Sept fight.

Why the phuck anyone is so crazy about that matchup, I have no idea, Ginger has the credibility of a lemonade stand for a JMW right now. Thank god he's actually fighting Trout, at least that would legitimize a Floyd fight in Sept.

Comment

I don't know if he's ducking Canelo, he might fight him later. But it was obvious he wasn't fighting twice in 4 months. Like Arum said, a transparent GBP tactic to lock in the premium PPV date 9 months in advance. It's amazing how many bought into it, heck there's still posters anticipating that Sept bout for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
        And were't Floyd haters swearing that he'd never face Ghost either when he teased about Alexander?

He'll thump on Ghost, and if Canelo gets past Trout, they'll sit down and hammer out a Sept fight.

Why the phuck anyone is so crazy about that matchup, I have no idea, Ginger has the credibility of a lemonade stand for a JMW right now. Thank god he's actually fighting Trout, at least that would legitimize a Floyd fight in Sept.
        There were a VERY few Guerrero fans here saying that Floyd was ducking Guerrero when he tweeted that he would be fighting Alexander. For the most part, nobody was even asking for a Floyd Guerrero fight nor is anyone giving Guerrero much of a shot at winning unless Floyd has really fallen off. Sure Guerrero is rough, tough, and determined but as far as skills he brings nothing to the table that will trouble Floyd.

Comment

Why sign a guarantee when there's no guarantee Ginger will win. Even if he wins, how does he win. Will he struggle? If so now if Floyd fights him, he's cherry picking.
          And say Trout wins, does Ginger still get the fight?
          Haters are gonna hate.

Comment

Honestly there's so much talk about Floyd on this site I don't know how anyone can keep up with all of it. I mean seriously, following what who said about him when comprehensively would be a full time job.

Anyway, all I can say is as somewhat of a Floyd fan, I have no problem with him fighting the ginger Eric Estrada.

Comment

No, as a Boxing fan that likes Floyd I never liked the thought of Canelo Vs Floyd, I always knew that people would say that he was too green or untested when Floyd beat him.

Never liked the thought of the Canelo Vs Mayweather fight, I was also neutral regrading May Vs Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
                Why sign a guarantee when there's no guarantee Ginger will win. Even if he wins, how does he win. Will he struggle? If so now if Floyd fights him, he's cherry picking.
                And say Trout wins, does Ginger still get the fight?
                Haters are gonna hate.
                At least he'd struggle with Trout and not Aydin's bum a$$

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916
                  Now it seems that they are singing a different tune ever since Floyd refused to sign an agreement to face Canelo in Sept in the event both Floyd and Canelo win their respective bouts.

When it was rumored that Floyd would be facing Guerrero in May and the critics were slamming Floyd for that opponent decision, the Floyd fans used the excuse that they are fine with Floyd facing Guerrero in May since its a precursor to a showdown with Canelo in Sept. They repeated that Canelo/Floyd in Sept would be a mega fight. All I see now is the Floydboys claiming that Canelo hasnt done anything to warrant a fight with Floyd and that he should be lucky to even be on Floyd's ppv undercard. So let me understand this. Canelo went from a huge megafight for Floyd in Sept to a nobody who hasnt fought anyone and should be appreciative to even be on Floyd's undercard??

In my opinion, Floyd never intends to face Canelo. He's a big heavy handed JMW who can bang and Floyd probably sees him as too much of a threat at this point in his career. Not to mention with his new 6 fight deal with Showtime, what would a loss to Canelo do to his future plans? While I dont think Canelo is a position to demand anything from Floyd given Floyd's top dog status while Canelo hasnt even had a breakthru fight yet, I understand his stance of not wanting to help Floyd with his ppv card/sales if Floyd is saying one thing about promising him a fight yet not guaranteeing him the shot in one form or another. Canelo is feeling used by Floyd when in reality he can headline his own Showtime card and make the same money while not adding to Floyd's ppv sales.
                  I think everyone WILL want to see this fight... PROVIDED Canelo BEATS Trout with no tom foolery.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Dude, nothing is even set for Sept, Floyd has no opponent, Canelo has no opponent, there's not even a damn card announced so why the hell would anyone start crying about it now? The Cinco de Mayo card is STILL being ironed out and people are b1tching about a nonexistent Sept card? Are you all on crazy pills? Wait for the card to be announced and then the argument might be taken seriously, but jesus christ, people act like Canelo already beat Trout and ****. WTF.

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    There were a VERY few Guerrero fans here saying that Floyd was ducking Guerrero when he tweeted that he would be fighting Alexander. For the most part, nobody was even asking for a Floyd Guerrero fight nor is anyone giving Guerrero much of a shot at winning unless Floyd has really fallen off. Sure Guerrero is rough, tough, and determined but as far as skills he brings nothing to the table that will trouble Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X