No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril-Bogere, Russell-Gusev Heads To Las Vegas, 3/2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abril-Bogere, Russell-Gusev Heads To Las Vegas, 3/2

BoxingScene.com has been advised by the Nevada State Athletic Commision that Golden Boy Promotions is moving their March 2nd event to Las Vegas. The card was scheduled to take place at the Apollo Theater in New York City, but on Monday the main event fell through when Jayson Velez, due to injury, withdrew from his fight with WBC featherweight Daniel Ponce De Leon.

[Click Here To Read More]

Stop feeding GRJ bums... he's too good for these guys.

Gusev ranked 80th in world and he's featherfisted....

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
      Stop feeding GRJ bums... he's too good for these guys.

Gusev ranked 80th in world and he's featherfisted....
      Gusev isn't great and he's not a puncher but I wouldn't call him a bum. His only two losses are to Burgos and Rahimov in his 6th bout. Granted those are the best two fighters he has faced, but I think this is a step up from the comp Russel has been fighting. People are quick to call people bums on nsb. IMO a bum is someone that comes to get a payday and put no effort in trying to win. Im not so sure Gusev is in that category.

Comment

Broner should take the winner of Abril vs. Bogere. I think Abril boxes the **** out of Sharif which would set up a Broner/Abril unification fight.

Beating Abril and Burns/Vasquez would be an excellent body of work for 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Broner should take the winner of Abril vs. Bogere. I think Abril boxes the **** out of Sharif which would set up a Broner/Abril unification fight.

Beating Abril and Burns/Vasquez would be an excellent body of work for 2013.
          It would be, but I highly doubt they put Broner in there with the like of Vasquez and Abril in his next couple of fights. Those fights are disasters waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
            Gusev isn't great and he's not a puncher but I wouldn't call him a bum. His only two losses are to Burgos and Rahimov in his 6th bout. Granted those are the best two fighters he has faced, but I think this is a step up from the comp Russel has been fighting. People are quick to call people bums on nsb. IMO a bum is someone that comes to get a payday and put no effort in trying to win. Im not so sure Gusev is in that category.
            He's not a bum but Mr Gary Russell Jr is gonna rip him up. I think in about 3 or 4 years we are gonna have a Superfight russell vs broner! The same way Sugar Shane jumped over jr welter division to go get OdH, And broner will taste his first defeat.

Comment

This is a pretty s**tty card so is the one with Smith vs K9 card as well.

Comment

Working...
              X