No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch, Kessler Deadline Looms: 70-30 Chance of Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Have to disagree with both of you here. Yeah, Herning isn't Kessler's hometown, but that's where he wanted the fight to be. Froch wanted it in Copenhagen but Kessler refused and staged it in Herning instead, even though that made it harder for British fans to get there.

Kessler's team didn't care about Froch's travelling fans, but now expects Froch to care about his.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8457451.stm

Copenhagen was 'fair for everyone involved' too but we saw how that turned out.
    As I recall it, it was because Copenhagen did not have a venue big enough, so they had to put it in Herning.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      He's [Froch] very confident the fight will happen, it's 'very close' to being finalised and Stevenson will just have to wait. It won't be happening in Nottingham, 02 arena is the preferred choice.
      Is that what he said?

I was hoping he'd annonce a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Is that what he said?

I was hoping he'd annonce a deal.
        Yes, no deal announced yet but he seems very confident of it happening. Stevenson-Froch purse bids happen tomorrow too, so we'll have to see how that plays out before we hear an official announcement.

Comment

it's most amusing to see certain people pretending that Herning provides a less partisan crowd for Kessler than Copenhagen.

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
          why wouldn't Kessler take it unless he's shook?
          he's shook.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Yes, no deal announced yet but he seems very confident of it happening. Stevenson-Froch purse bids happen tomorrow too, so we'll have to see how that plays out before we hear an official announcement.
            Yeah. Both Hearn and Sauerland has called today for D-day.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              it's most amusing to see certain people pretending that Herning provides a less partisan crowd for Kessler than Copenhagen.
              Who has said otherwise? Claiming that Herning is Kessler's hometown is ill researched. London and Nottingham are closer than Copenhagen and Herning. Simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                Who has said otherwise? Claiming that Herning is Kessler's hometown is ill researched. London and Nottingham are closer than Copenhagen and Herning. Simple.
                To be fair it's easier for a dane to get to London than it is for a brit to get to Herning. That being said, I doubt there was more than 100 British fans in Herning that night. Partly due to the ashcloud and partly due to Froch not being wellknown back then.

Comment

Kalle Sauerland tells danish TV2, that the deadline is at 22.00 CET.

"I'm still optimistic. There's no real problems. I'd rather call them obstacles. There's a lot of things that has to fall into place including television broadcasters and so on. Then there's the financial aspect, but I'm sure we can work that out."

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Kalle Sauerland tells danish TV2, that the deadline is at 22.00 CET.

"I'm still optimistic. There's no real problems. I'd rather call them obstacles. There's a lot of things that has to fall into place including television broadcasters and so on. Then there's the financial aspect, but I'm sure we can work that out."
                    What time is that in the UK? Do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      What time is that in the UK? Do you know?
                      That will be 9 o'clock GMT.

Comment

Working...
                      X